Menlo Security's mission is enabling the world to connect, communicate and collaborate securely without compromise. COVID-19 has made our mission all the more real. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, 8/10 of the largest global banks and the Department of Defense.
The world has fundamentally changed. We are growing from 250 employees into the next phase of our journey, and we need passionate talent filled with empathy and agility. The right candidate for the job is ethical, hyper-organized, fanatical about seeing things through to completion, service-oriented, and humble enough to take feedback and coaching yet confident enough to provide feedback and coaching.
Menlo is well-funded for growth and our investors are second to none. They include Vista Equity Partners (“Vista”), General Catalyst, Sutter Hill Ventures, JPMC, American Express, HSBC, and Ericsson Ventures.
About the team
Infrastructure Engineering is responsible for building and operating the Menlo infrastructure platform. Together we enable our customers to connect to the internet without compromise. Our environment provides internet services globally. We expect failure, build security in by design, create evolvable systems, and enable multi-tenancy across the infrastructure. Automation is an absolute for us.
We are committed to getting it done properly, the first time. At least we try really-really hard to make it that way, but hey, you learn as you go, right?
Who you’ll work with
We are a full-stack engineering team with members from various technical backgrounds. We work closely with other Menlo engineering and product teams to build (the right) infrastructure primitives that help enable the broader engineering organization to deliver customer facing services globally.
The team invests heavily in communication and continual improvement; we focus on how we can continue to optimize technically, but also how our processes can evolve. We believe in having high levels of visibility into our services, which allow us to design for failure and ultimately have a better understanding for when things ultimately don’t go quite the way we expect them to.
Who you are
This may be the right role for you if some of these ring true:
- Experienced building and running a high-transactional, 24x7 production environment
- Experienced with cloud services; multiple datacenters and public cloud (namely AWS)
- Strong familiarity with systems engineering at scale and distributed computing
- Extensive knowledge and experience with systems and software programming
- Experienced with Linux and Linux kernel internals; configuration and tuning
- Experienced with systems configuration management and CI automation
- Expertise in the design and implementation of infrastructure observability; service performance, monitoring and load automation
- Deep experience in topics such as networking, global load balancing, distributed caching, application firewalling, Kubernetes, and of course security
- We are looking for depth; 12-15+ years of relevant engineering experience
We understand our culture grows as we add new members on our team. Diversity matters to us, so please, be you and come as you are.
What you can expect
We appreciate your time and want to be transparent about what you can expect from your interview process with us. If any adjustments are made to this along the way, we will keep you informed.
- 1 x 30 minute engineering screen call
- 3 x 1 hour technical conversations
- 1 x 45 minutes with our leadership
- 1 x 1 hour technical presentation with the team
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We have five core values: Stay Aligned, Get It Done, Customer Empathy, Think Creatively and Help Each Other Out. We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building a legacy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.