Menlo Security protects organizations against cyber-attacks by eliminating the threat of malware. Even with a 99.9% defense, devices are still getting infected and our solution is a cloud-based isolation platform which acts as a digital partition to provide users with clean, malware-free web content. We recently raised $75 million in Series-D funding and are backed by top industry investors. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, leading financial services, and the Department of Defense.
Exciting things are happening at Menlo! We’re looking to grow from 180 employees as we transition from a small start-up into the next phase of our journey, and we need hardworking people to help us get there. If you want to make a real impact, tackle new challenges and take ownership of your career, we encourage you to apply and join our team!
About the role
Menlo Security is rapidly growing and currently looking for hardworking engineers with a passion for innovation that thrive in a fast-paced collaborative environment to join our US/UK engineering team. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for crafting, developing, and implementing run time components, tools, and utilities to deliver both cloud and on-premise solutions. The ideal candidate will be a full stack engineer capable of delivering quality solutions that span front-end web UI, networking, and back end data management.
Every engineer plays a meaningful role in our journey to eliminate the threat of malware in the Enterprise and beyond. It’s an environment where you will be exposed to:
- Modern development tools and technology including NodeJS, ruby, python, GitHub, etc.
- The latest deployment and runtime models using Amazon AWS, Containers, data stores such as Redis, logging via Druid
- Cloud service design patterns
- Large data sets and complex data structures
- Delivering software from requirements definition to product in 2-6 week cycle times
What you bring to the role, experience and knowledge of the following and some of the above:
- 5+ years development experience including implementing and maintaining features in Chromium or other browser platforms at various layers, including content, browser, core, compositor, skia and networking.
- Ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code.
- Good working knowledge of modern programming/scripting languages and runtime environments
- Ideally have experience of: Linux, Tornado, C/C++, upstart, monit, git, bash, jquery, react/angular, cgroups/runc/libcontainer or docker, character encoding support
- Strong networking fundamentals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, ambitious, and strong ability to learn new things with little mentorship
- Highly organized and detailed with critical attention to detail and documentation
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related field.
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are also tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building something great.
Benefits & Perks:
- Outstanding Medical, Dental, Vision (100% covered by company)
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch 5 days a week
- Free snacks and drinks
- Fun events & team off-sites
- Discounts through PerkSpot
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Menlo Security outside of the Talent organization. Menlo Security’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Menlo Security. In the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.