Menlo Security protects organizations against cyber-attacks by eliminating the threat of malware. Even with a 99.9% defence, devices are still getting infected and our solution is a cloud-based isolation platform which acts as a digital partition to provide users with clean, malware-free web content. We recently raised $75 million in Series-D funding and are backed by top industry investors. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, leading financial services, and the Department of Defence. Exciting things are happening at Menlo! We’re looking to grow from 180 employees as we transition from a small start-up into the next phase of our journey, and we need talented people to help us get there. If you want to make a real impact, solve new challenges and take ownership of your career, we encourage you to apply and join our team!
About the role
Menlo Security is rapidly growing and currently looking for talented engineers with a passion for innovation that thrive in a fast-paced team-oriented environment to join the UK engineering team. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing run time components, tools, and utilities to deliver both cloud and on-premise solutions. The ideal candidate will be a full stack engineer capable of delivering quality solutions that span front-end web Ul, networking, and back end data management.
Every engineer plays a significant role in our journey to eliminate the threat of malware in the Enterprise and beyond. It’s an environment where you will be exposed to:
- • Modern development tools and technology including nodeJS, ruby, python, github, etc. •
- The latest deployment and runtime models leveraging, Amazon AWS, Containers, data stores such as Redis, logging via Druid •
- Cloud service design patterns •
- Large data sets and complex data structures •
- Delivering software from requirements definition to product in 2-6 week cycle times.
What you bring to the role, experience and knowledge of the following and some of the above:
- 5+ years of email solution development experience including strong knowledge of SMTP, MTA design/build from ground up or using Postix/Sendmail and integration with O365(including graph API) or Gmail
- Knowledge of Proofpoint, Mimecast or similar email security products
- Knowledge of building social graphs
- Ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code.
- Good working knowledge of modern programming/scripting languages and runtime environments
- Ideally have experience of: Linux, Tornado, C/C++, upstart, monit, git, bash, jquery, react/angular, cgroups/runc/libcontainer or docker, character encoding support
- Strong networking fundamentals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, self-motivated, and strong ability to learn new things with little guidance
- Highly organized and thorough with critical attention to detail and documentation
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related field.
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are also tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building something great.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Pension (4% company contribution)
- Life assurance
- Fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Flexible work hours and work from home opportunities
- Be part of company that is truly changing the security industry!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
To All Agencies:
Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Menlo Security outside of the Talent organization. Menlo Security’s policy is to only accept resumes from agencies via Greenhouse (ATS). Agencies must have a valid services agreement executed and must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, by the Talent team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property of Menlo Security. In the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment will be paid.