**no relocation or sponsorship available for this role**
Menlo Security protects organizations against cyber attacks by eliminating the threat of malware. Even with a 99.9% defense, devices are still getting infected and our solution is a cloud-based isolation platform which acts as a digital partition to provide users with clean, malware-free web content. We recently raised $75 million in Series-D funding and are backed by top industry investors. We support customers across various enterprises including Fortune 500 companies, leading financial services, and the Department of Defense.
Exciting things are happening at Menlo! We’re looking to grow from 180 employees as we transition from a small start-up into the next phase of our journey, and we need talented people to help us get there. If you want to make a real impact, solve new challenges and take ownership of your career, we encourage you to apply and join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Head of Workplace will oversee the daily office operations, real estate, and events strategy and execution while reporting into the VP of People. You will manage Office Manager as part of your scope. You will be our go-to lead for workplace-related needs, including building and supporting the People Operations team, supervising construction projects and managing facilities operations for our upcoming HQ move, San Francisco, UK, Japan, and Singapore space.
A track record for owner mindset, customer advocacy, and “spikiness” in delivering high-quality results in high-growth tech environments is required.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams (HR, IT, Legal and Finance) and executives to create a world-class workplace vision and strategy.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures that are mindful of the budget and impact on culture as well as sustainability.
- Create and oversee the implementation of Workplace standards, processes, and procedures to support Menlo Security’s rapid growth.
- Build and provide leadership, training, coaching, and guidance to the Workplace team.
- Own planning and execution of various company social events, off-sites and all-hands meetings, with the goal of increasing employee engagement.
- Manage annual operating budget and capital improvements budget. In partnership with Finance, negotiate leases and subleases, domestically and internationally, as Menlo Security expands.
- Act as primary liaison between Menlo Security and property management (e.g., repairs, building code compliance, lease interpretation/conversations).
- Oversee process and vendor relationships as it pertains to office builds and renovations (site selection process, drive lease review and negotiations, oversee architect design process, GC selection and bid review, manage CPM and construction budget, own and manage FF&E scope and budget).
- Ensure team collaboration with applicable stakeholders for information technology and physical security on construction projects.
- Flexible hours to meet the high demands of a growing workforce (on-call evenings and weekends required).
- Manage the Office Manager
- 7+ years of facilities experience
- 3+ years of office/workplace culture experience
- Solid knowledge of property and facility management, lease/contract reviews and construction terms and practices
- Able to safely move/lift items such as heavy boxes, equipment, arranging furniture, and helping with office moves when needed, up to 40 pounds or more
- Possess knowledge of IT infrastructure and can partner with our IT team
- Strong project management skills with a high level of initiative and judgment
- Solutions oriented
- Highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Friendly, positive, and excellent communicator who is able to work effectively across the organization and enjoys creating memorable experiences for our team, visitors, and candidates
Our culture is collaborative, inclusive, and fun! We believe in open communication, supporting new ideas, and sharing a mutual mindset of what we’re aiming to achieve together. There are also tremendous opportunities to take initiative, implement new ideas, and have a hand in building something great.
Benefits & Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision (100% covered by company)
- Unlimited PTO
- Catered lunch 5 days a week
- Free snacks and drinks
- Fun events & team off-sites
- Flexible hours
- Exclusive discounts through PerkSpot