Senior Project Engineering Manager – Singapore
The Senior Project Engineering Manager for Singapore is the relationship manager and customer advocate for named Menlo Security customers in our So. Asia territory. This person will develop a strong working relationship with our customers and partners to share best practices and mitigate risk for our customers. This person will effectively become a virtual part of the customer’s team, as well as the Menlo Security Account and Customer Success Teams. They will actively engage with our customers to align Menlo Security technology with the business and technical needs of our customers. They will provide escalation management for any technical issues encountered during the deployment of the Menlo Security products, resulting in faster time to resolution. This person must have a deep understanding of our customer’s business challenges and objectives as well as their technical environment, in order to provide timely technical solutions and escalation management.
This position reports to the Vice President of Customer Success and works directly with our customers, partners, Menlo Engineering, Menlo Operations and Menlo Customer Success personnel to provide world-class support to our customer and partners in the So. Asia territory.
- Own the overall post-sales technical relationship with the named customer and be responsible for the total customer experience for that assigned account.
- Orchestrate our customer and partner engagements across multiple stakeholders including customer, partner and multiple departments within Menlo Security.
- Work at the strategic level within Menlo Security, engaging with Senior Management to influence strategic, operational and tactical direction on behalf of our named customers.
- Work at a high level with in our named accounts, developing and maintaining an effective working relationship with our named customer’s department leaders (e.g., Manager, Directors, etc.), as well as our key partners or system integrators involved with those customers.
- Ensure the Menlo engagement with each named customer is planned and documented in a tailored deployment and support plan that is executed on and regularly reviewed throughout the engagement.
- Throughout the engagement, fully document on-site visits, meetings, actions, customer interaction and technical environment details, as agreed to with the customer.
- Conduct on-site visits anywhere within our So. Asia territory as appropriate to develop the customer relationship, build familiarity with the customer environment and help drive customer issues to resolution.
- Provide mission critical support services, monitor complex issues and work closely with our Customer Support, Engineering and Operations Teams to ensure proper escalation and resolution processes are utilized.
- Actively communicate with our named customers regarding product and program information, supportability issues and strategic product plans, where and when appropriate.
- Maintain and expand working knowledge of our current Menlo Security products and their business applications for use in the customer’s environment.
- Collect and maintain useful information regarding the customer’s implementation, technical environment and business priorities, sharing that information with other Menlo departments as appropriate on behalf of the customer.
- Facilitate quarterly business reviews to align business and technical goals with Menlo Security plans.
- Use knowledge management tools to research and document reported problems and their resolutions, as appropriate.
- Use case management tools to document problems, provide updates (both internally and to our customers) and record resolutions.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- BSEE, BSCS degree or equivalent experience is highly preferred (MBA is a plus).
- 5+ years senior level technical support and/or professional services within the security industry.
- 5+ years of customer facing engagement experience or service delivery experience within So. Asia.
- Previous account management experience in So. Asia with an emphasis on managing projects related to system design, deployment and life cycle management.
- Proficiency in understanding and troubleshooting software and cloud issues utilizing documentation, knowledge base, bug tracking system, requirements, etc.
- Solid authoring skills to document customer information and recurring issues to support product quality programs and product development, including authoring and publishing content to contribute to training and knowledge.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both non-technical and technical audiences, explaining issues impact in business terms.
- Ability to demonstrate assertiveness and confidence when working with customers.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and customer service skills.
- Ability to self-direct work, with demonstrated ability to complete multiple competing tasks under pressure with a high degree of flexibility and creative problem solving.
- Ability to work comfortably in multi-party relationships and co-ordinate resolution activates across those parties.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others.