About the Position
MemSQL is looking for a Community Manager to engage and drive adoption of MemSQL, particularly around the MemSQL Community Edition. You will drive growth in the number of community members, the level of their participation and contribution, and the depth of their engagement in the community and with MemSQL.
The Community Manager understands customer needs and is passionate about user success. You will be responsible for community engagement, management, and crossing boundaries internally between product management, marketing, engineering, and sales.
The ideal candidate wants to drive change, loves talking about new technologies and helping people realize what new technologies can do for them.
This role is focused on the growth of the community and the adoption of MemSQL Community Edition. This role reports to the Field CTO and VP of Product Marketing.
- Increase the size and participation level of the MemSQL Community.
- Grow the adoption and use of MemSQL Community Edition.
- Be a constant advocate for creators in the developer community
- Within MemSQL, work cross-functionally across Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing to develop the best approaches for community growth and engagement
- Organize and oversee virtual and in-person community events that showcase the strength of the MemSQL community network.
- Shape retention strategies to help drive long-term, successful partnerships with user group leaders, partners, sponsors, speakers, evangelists, and influencers whom you identify and develop in the community.
- Build a developer community and manage day-to-day engagement with users.
- Author content for all community-team-owned marketing channels: blog, email, social, event websites, Forum and our community newsletter
- Research, set up, and manage internal and external systems to track ROI, customer insight, and other business opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Comprehensive experience with databases, data warehouses, Hadoop and Spark ecosystems.
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills. Ability and affinity for communication in both formal and informal situations.
- Additional experience valued in machine learning and distributed processing frameworks.
- Solid knowledge of enterprise data management software and data pipelines, and data-driven applications.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise databases, applications, and big data markets.
- Desire to help build a high-growth business. Start-up experience valued.
- Bachelor's or higher college/graduate degree.
- Excellent leadership, management, and communications skills. Demonstrated ability to partner with engineering teams to learn and demo new products and features.
- Customer engagement and customer resolution experience with dedication to customer success.
- High-energy drive combined with ability to work as an individual contributor.
- Ability to balance technology, marketing, and engineering scenarios.
- Strong work ethic, proven record of rejecting setbacks, and enthusiastic presence to reach ambitious goals.
MemSQL is The Database of Now, powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture. MemSQL delivers maximum ingest, accelerated transaction processing and blisteringly fast query performance, including AI integration and machine learning models, all at the highest concurrency. Global enterprises use the MemSQL distributed database to easily ingest, process, analyze and act on data, to thrive in today’s insight-driven economy. MemSQL is optimized to run on any public cloud or on-premises with commodity hardware.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices globally, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including GV, Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.