MemSQL is seeking a product marketing leader to develop our positioning and messaging in the market and help drive the next stage of growth for MemSQL.
Reporting directly to the VP of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for setting product marketing strategy, establishing priorities and goals for your team, and contribute to creating compelling product positioning. The ideal candidate will bring a clear ability to evangelize and differentiate MemSQL in the database market.
We are seeking a candidate with the desire to transform the data and database infrastructure category. You will have a proven track record of creating compelling product marketing initiatives and thought leadership. As a strategic thinker with the ability to influence at all levels, you will be able to deliver results across product launches, coverage, and company visibility.
The ideal candidate will have deep knowledge of modern data infrastructure software, experience delivering proven, measurable marketing impact, and the ability to motivate and influence resources both internally and externally.
Role and Responsibilities
This role covers the full scope of product marketing, including product positioning, product launch campaigns, thought leadership, sales enablement, and evangelism.
- Assist in the execution of the product marketing plan for existing and new product introductions, market awareness, and industry leadership
- Understand key capabilities, unique strengths, benefits, and use cases for MemSQL
- Manage creation and curation of competitive intelligence content
- Develop a full suite of content, positioning, and competitive materials for sales, customers, media, and analysts
- Influence and enhance company and product positioning to align solutions, industry verticals, and tangible business benefits
- Create and curate solution marketing content
- Manage creation and curation of content for company blog
- Represent MemSQL at industry events and conferences.
- Build internal product and market knowledge across the company including training development and delivery
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep understanding of product & solution marketing including messages, positioning, and packaging
- Solid knowledge of the data infrastructure market
- Previous startup experience
- Demonstrated success in launching new products and developing markets
- Strong leadership, management, and communications skills
- Strong writing skills
- High-energy drive combined with ability to work as an individual contributor leading to management over time
MemSQL is The Database of Now, powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture. MemSQL delivers maximum ingest, accelerated transaction processing and blisteringly fast query performance, including AI integration and machine learning models, all at the highest concurrency. Global enterprises use the MemSQL distributed database to easily ingest, process, analyze and act on data, to thrive in today’s insight-driven economy. MemSQL is optimized to run on any public cloud or on-premises with commodity hardware.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices globally, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including GV, Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.