Business Development Representative (Named Account BDR)
MemSQL is growing its enterprise sales team and we’re looking for hungry, motivated sales professionals. The BDR team at MemSQL uses outbound prospecting tactics to generate opportunities for our sales team(s). The team is deployed regionally between our SF and Boston offices and works at an extremely high level to achieve pipeline goals. BDR’s are assigned to account based territories for enterprise and strategic target accounts. This team is a keen group with high business acumen and a hunter's mentality, comfortable generating their own leads.
- Generate qualified sales pipeline for MemSQL targeted accounts
- Actively prospect using phone, email and social; primarily outbound tactics
- Partner with Account Executives on account plans and prospecting strategies
- Identify key account stakeholders to generate opportunities for MemSQL
- Maintain open communication and alignment with Account Executives
- Quickly gain a strong understanding of the MemSQL value proposition and the competitive industry landscape
- Consistently achieve/exceed monthly quota of qualified opportunities and meaningful interactions with new prospects
- 1-2 years of SDR/BDR experience, software lead generation experience required
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to become an expert on database management systems (DBMS) within your first 90 days
- Formal sales training a plus
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals; references preferred
What you’ll bring:
- An exceptional written and spoken communicator
- Hungry for a career in sales; ideally closing is your next role after this
- Comfortable reaching out COLD to executive level and technical prospects
- Able to use modern tools like Salesforce, Outreach.io and LinkedIn
- Highly organized & autonomous
- Energized to operate in a fast moving organization
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- Ability to partner with and support co-workers and customers across timezones
MemSQL is The No-Limits Database™ powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, scalable architecture for maximum ingest and query performance at the highest concurrency. MemSQL envisions a world where every business can make decisions in real time and every experience is optimized through data.
Global enterprises use the MemSQL distributed database to easily ingest, process, analyze, and act on data in order to thrive in today’s insight-driven economy. MemSQL is optimized to run on any public cloud or on-premises with commodity hardware. Visit memsql.com or follow us @memsql.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.