The Sales Engineer is the primary technical representative of Memsql throughout the sales process. This role is critical to Memsql's success. You must be able to carry on deep discussions with customers' front line technical experts as well as high level, business talks with senior executives.
- Designing and deploying environments with the world's fastest in-memory database in some of the largest commercial clusters in production.
- Supporting the fast-growing sales team on the technical side of the sale, taking on the largest industry incumbents.
- Executing successful POCs with prospective customers.
- Working with a world class team that designs and builds large public and private clouds using webops/devops and agile frameworks.
- Helping us build and deploy the next generation of database management platform that automates tasks, provisioning/deprovisioning, analytics, and instrumentation across 1000s of nodes.
- 8+ years experience as successful Presales Engineer with focus on Technology and Solutions Selling one or more of the following technology products: RDBMS, Middleware, Analytics, Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence, and/or “Big Data” technology targeting enterprise accounts.
- Operations background a plus.
- BS in Computer Science or other technical major (MS a plus).
- Experience with MySQL, MS SQL, Oracle SQL, NoSQL, Key Value Stores, REST, Hadoop, Linux, python, and php.
- Travel required.
MemSQL is The Database of Now, powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture. MemSQL delivers maximum ingest, accelerated transaction processing and blisteringly fast query performance, including AI integration and machine learning models, all at the highest concurrency. Global enterprises use the MemSQL distributed database to easily ingest, process, analyze and act on data, to thrive in today’s insight-driven economy. MemSQL is optimized to run on any public cloud or on-premises with commodity hardware.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices globally, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including GV, Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.