As the Principal Product Manager for our Managed Services offering, you will own the GTM strategy and delivery. This will include pricing, features, key milestones, positioning, and partnerships. You will have the autonomy to build out this offering and to lead the execution in order to establish product superiority in this large and growing market.
Given the breadth and scope of responsibility, the ideal candidate will have experience leading a highly-technical, PaaS product line. Additionally, this role requires a deep understanding of the modern data infrastructure space, including current trends and future direction/evolution.
Role and Responsibilities
- Set, execute, and champion the product into the market
- Identify, specify, and prioritize product features and capabilities; develop market requirement documents and product requirement documents
- Drive processes for new product releases and product life-cycle management
- Create content for competitive materials and product documentation
- Represent MemSQL with customers, partners, and general audiences. Develop and deliver technical presentations
- Engage current and potential customers to identify product opportunities, guarantee successful product implementations, and stay abreast of customer needs
- Work cross-functionally with various teams including engineering, marketing, sales, operations, support, and finance
- Update the executive regularly of key decisions and progress towards milestones
Required Skills and Experience
- Track record of successful GTM product delivery with a desire to help build a high-growth business
- Experience working in the data infrastructure space (databases, compute, storage, etc.), possessing a firm understanding of core technical concepts
- Demonstrated ability to partner with engineering teams to deliver new products and features to specification and on schedule
- Ability to balance technology, marketing, and engineering scenarios
- Ability to develop the roadmap of an unfinished product in a highly-technical space
- Experience designing a product roadmap that successfully balances customer requirements and future market needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
MemSQL is The No Limits Database, powering modern applications and analytical systems with a cloud-native, massively scalable architecture for maximum ingest and query performance with the highest concurrency. MemSQL envisions a world where every business can make decisions in real time and every experience is optimized through data.
Headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Seattle, WA and Portland OR, MemSQL has raised nearly $100M from top investors including Accel Partners and Khosla Ventures, among others. MemSQL is trusted by customers including Uber, Akamai, Dell EMC, Samsung, Comcast, Kellogg, and more.
Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value individuals with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.
To all recruitment agencies: MemSQL does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to MemSQL employees. MemSQL is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the Company.