Companies rely on the media to help tell their story. Articles are written every day that can build a company up, or bring a critical view. Yet, companies have never been able to know how many people have read any of these articles, until now.
Memo is the only platform that partners with publishers to offer actual readership data on earned media. With a growing publisher network that includes Wired, Vanity Fair, New York Magazine and TIME, Memo empowers PR and Communications teams to understand their earned media in a way never before possible with other tools.
Memo raised a $7 million seed round from leading venture capital firms including Susa Ventures, MHS Capital and Founder Collective.
Our most recent funding round, a $10 million Series A raised in August 2021, gave us a $60 million valuation.
We are experiencing massive growth and actively seeking to hire roles on several teams in order to build a stable foundation designed to scale.
About the Role
The Insights Analyst is a key figure in bringing Memo data to life. By helping our clients discover how Memo data can inform earned-media strategy, you’ll play a critical role in shaping the customer experience and Memo’s insights-driven product. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll mine data sets to draw out interesting observations and actionable insights for Memo clients. Week-to-week, you’ll prepare comprehensive reports based on key questions our clients are trying to answer. And over time, you’ll codify your methodology and help Memo productize analyses that deliver the most value.
You will report to the Chief Customer Officer but will have ample opportunity to work cross-functionally with other departments. You work well under pressure, think outside-the-box, and love telling data-driven stories. This is an exciting opportunity to join a venture-backed seed-stage startup sitting at the intersection of data and media.
- Analyze large sets of structured and unstructured data for a wide range of industries and brands.
- Prepare polished reports that combine visualizations with key takeaways.
- Seek out and acquire additional data sources when necessary.
- Confidently and accurately present key findings and insights to existing and prospective clients. Comfortable presenting to high-level executives.
- Familiarize yourself with client objectives to construct reports that deliver the most value.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in communications/marketing measurement, data analysis, business intelligence, or consulting
- Experience constructing logic-based queries (e.g. boolean searches), working with both structured data and unstructured text, and data visualization
- Experience using descriptive statistics (summary statistics, distributions, sampling, etc)
- Able to take an open-ended question, hone in on a methodical approach, and execute on the analysis
- Strong communication skills; can translate complex ideas and statistical concepts into everyday language
- High proficiency in Excel, presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc), and data visualization
Key Things to Know
- This role will be remote
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Health insurance
- Commuter benefits