Companies rely on the media to help tell their story. Articles are written every day that can build a company up, or bring a critical view. Yet, companies have never been able to know how many people have read any of these articles, until now.
Memo is the only platform that partners with publishers to offer actual readership data on earned media. With a growing publisher network that includes Wired, Vanity Fair, New York Magazine and TIME, Memo empowers PR and Communications teams to understand their earned media in a way never before possible with other tools.
Memo raised a sizable Seed round from leading venture capital firms including Susa Ventures, MHS Capital and Founder Collective. We are experiencing massive growth and actively seeking to hire roles on several teams in order to build a stable foundation designed to scale.
About the Role
Simply put, your main focus will be selling new subscriptions for Memo. You will be expected to identify, negotiate, and close deals with a wide range of organizations in order to meet and exceed quarterly and annual quota through, prospecting, calls, meetings, and meticulous follow ups.
This hire will work closely with our VP of Sales and other executives. You should be wildly ambitious, talented, and passionate in all that you do; you should live to sell, and love to evangelize disruptive technology products you believe in.
Ultimately, you should take ownership and responsibility for hitting key activity, prospecting and closing sales. Be your own CEO, own your business, be empowered and win!
You’ll be working on:
- Consistently meeting/exceeding quarterly and annual sales quotas
- Manage multiple deals with the highest level of sales professionalism
- Fill the customer needs better than anyone in the marketplace
- Have complete command of the customer experience and deliver expert product demos
- Maintain the highest levels of integrity, authenticity and honesty
- Act as a liaison for customer and prospect feedback to the business and product owners
- Continually stay abreast of key industry developments in media and public relations
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 4 plus years’ sales closing experience carrying a quota
- Proven track record of consistent quarterly sales quota achievement
- Experience selling a disruptive product
- Intellectually curious; you want to understand everything about our customers & market opportunity
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart
It'd be nice if you had experience with:
- Selling SaaS subscriptions
- Selling to the Public Relations and Communications industry
- Early stage SaaS sales experience
What success looks like:
- Within 3 months you are managing your own pipeline and the full sales cycle while carrying a quota
- To prove you’ve read this, tell us one thing that’s key to sales success?
- Within 6 months you are starting to close subscriptions
- Within 9 Months, you are fully ramped, carrying a full quota, managing, and closing a full pipeline of deals.
Key Things to Know
- This role will be remote to start (eventually must be based in NYC)
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Health insurance
- Commuter benefits