Memo is bringing game-changing data and insight to the PR & Communications industry. Through partnerships with publishers, Memo provides precise readership data on earned media and helps PR/Comms teams measure and value their work in a way never before possible.
Memo raised a sizable Seed round from leading venture capital firms including Susa Ventures, MHS Capital and Founder Collective. Clients include Fortune 100 companies like Walmart and Google, and Memo has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, Business Insider and PRWeek.
We are experiencing massive growth and actively seeking to hire roles on several teams. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing startup sitting at the intersection of data and media.
About the Role
The Data Storyteller & Analyst is a key figure in bringing Memo data to life. By helping our clients discover how Memo data can inform earned-media strategy, you’ll play a critical role in shaping the customer experience and Memo’s insights-driven product. On a day-to-day basis, you’ll mine Memo data to draw out interesting observations and actionable insights for clients. Week-to-week, you’ll prepare comprehensive reports based on key questions our clients are trying to answer. And over time, you’ll codify your methodology and help Memo productize analyses that deliver the most value.
You will report to the Head of Insights, but will have ample opportunity to work cross-functionally with other departments, including Customer Success, Engineering, and Product. You work well under pressure, find creative solutions, can wear multiple hats, and love telling data-driven stories.
You’ll be working on:
- Running impactful analyses: Analyzing quantitative and qualitative data for a wide range of industries and brands; seeking out and acquiring additional data sources when necessary; ensuring accuracy
- Creating strategic reports (written & visual): Preparing polished, client-ready reports that combine data visualizations with written takeaways and recommendations
- Bridging client strategy and data: Familiarizing yourself with client objectives to construct reports that deliver the most value; strategizing how to translate observations in the data into action-items for clients
- Scaling analytics processes: Identifying the most high-impact analyses and insights, and streamlining reports to run them at scale
- Influencing product decisions: Partnering closely with Product, Engineering, and other business leaders to define and prioritize new product features
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of relevant experience in communications/marketing measurement, data analysis, business intelligence, or consulting
- Experience constructing logic-based queries, working with both structured data and unstructured text, and data visualization
- Experience using descriptive statistics (summary statistics, distributions, sampling, etc)
- High proficiency in Excel, presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote, etc), and data visualization
- Curiosity about the problem domain and an analytical approach; you’re able to explore an open-ended question, hone in on a methodical approach, and execute on the analysis
- Demonstrated ability to translate analytical insights into strategic recommendations and clearly communicate them to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong communication and story-telling skills; you can translate complex statistical concepts into everyday language, and present data in a way that keeps clients engaged
- An entrepreneurial spirit; you have a strong sense of ownership and can deliver high-impact work in an ambiguous environment
- Super-sleuthing skills; you can quickly spot outliers, you always look under the hood when you notice a trend, and you have a passion for troubleshooting
- Sharp attention to detail and accuracy; you can balance being a perfectionist with time management
- Experience leading impactful projects
- Excitement for working with a remote team; you value collaborating on problems, asking questions, delivering feedback, and supporting others in their goals whether they are in your vicinity or entire cities apart
It'd be nice if you had experience:
- Putting predictive analytics into practice
- Using Tableau or other data visualization software
Key Things to Know
- This is a NYC-based role (will be remote to start)
- We want you to start ASAP
- This is a full-time position
- Competitive base salary
- Stock options
- Commuter benefits
- Medical, dental and vision insurance