The Mission of The MEMIC Group is to make workers' comp work better with compassion, trusted partnerships, and relentless commitment to workforce safety. The secret to the success and longevity of great organizations is their shared vision and strong values. At MEMIC our values are to be conscientious, to be an expert, to be a partner, to be curious and to be transparent.
The Sr. Solutions Architect is responsible for defining solution alternatives to meet business goals, objectives and needs, by creating and maintaining the strategic enterprise business and application roadmaps for multiple Product Teams/Projects.
The incumbent must possess comprehensive understanding of business goals, objectives, outcomes, capabilities, value-streams, and processes for the Product Teams and Projects. Responsibilities also include creating deliverables for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions — including systems (applications, processes and information) and shared application services and components to enable and drive targeted business outcomes related to these.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Translate Business Strategy into Solutions Architecture for Product Teams and projects.
- Understand business drivers and business capabilities (future and current state) and determine corresponding system designs and change requirements to drive the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Monitor emerging technology trends and disruptions and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models within the specified Product Teams and projects.
- Translate business and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint to achieve business objectives and documents all solution architecture design and analysis work within the context of the Product Teams and projects.
- Analyze the technology industry, competitors and market trends, and determines their potential impact on the Product Teams and projects.
- Provide deliverables like standard definitions, reference models and architecture designs.
- Act as a consultant on a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendor offerings to drive targeted business outcomes.
- Lead Solutions Designs and Analysis for multiple Product Teams and projects.
- Lead evaluation, design and analysis for the implementation of a solutions architecture across business applications or technologies within the specified Product Teams and projects based on enterprise business strategy, capabilities, value-streams, requirements and enterprise standards.
- Create architectural designs to guide and contextualize solution development across products, services, and systems (including applications, technologies, processes and information) within the context of the Product Teams and projects.
- Create reference architectures focused on detailed design principles, decision points, detailed APIs, major systems and dependencies between business and IT.
- Analyze the business-IT environment (run, grow and transform the business) to detect critical deficiencies, legacy and technical debt, and recommends solutions for improvement (systems of record, differentiation and innovation) within multiple Product Teams and projects.
- Orchestrate Solutions Delivery within multiple Product Teams and projects
- Participate in the definition of the principles, guidelines, standards and solution patterns relevant to the Product Teams and projects to ensure solution decisions are aligned with the enterprise's future-state architecture vision.
- Facilitate the evaluation and selection of software product standards and services, as well as the design of standard and custom software configurations.
- Develop a roadmap for the evolution of the specified application portfolio from current to future state.
- Monitor the current-state solution portfolio to identify deficiencies through aging of the technologies used by the application, or misalignment with business requirements.
- Facilitate and Collaborate to Deliver Business Outcomes
- Work closely with the project management office (PMO) to ensure the execution of plans corresponds with what is being promised throughout the project or product lifecycle.
- Work closely with the product owners and product managers to ensure a robust architectural runway exists within Product Teams and project that can support future business requirements throughout the product lifecycle.
- Provide consulting support to application teams to ensure the project or product is aligned with the overall architecture.
- Work closely with other architects to ensure alignment of Product Team and project architecture with overall enterprise architecture.
- A bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of experience in at least two IT solution development disciplines, including technical or infrastructure architecture, application development, middleware, database management or cloud development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies, platforms and processing environments with experience developing architecture blueprints, strategies and roadmaps including frontend Web technologies, middleware, & database technologies.
- Solid understanding of strategic, new and emerging technology trends, and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models.
- Experience in the insurance industry is desired with workers compensation experience a plus.
- Skilled at influencing, guiding and facilitating business partners and peers with decision making.
- Ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve business problems and propose solutions.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and the ability to prioritize is required.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes all traditional offerings such as:
- Health Insurance options, Dental Insurance options and Vision Insurance
- Employee Life Insurance/AD&D and Dependent Life Insurance options
- Short-term & Long-term Disability
- Health Savings Account with potential employer match
- Flexible Medical and Dependent Care Account
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal/Identify Theft Insurance options
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan with match up to 5%, plus profit sharing & discretionary contributions (subject to vesting)
- 5 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 7 paid holidays
We also offer other benefits to help foster a healthy, balance lifestyle such as:
- Flextime schedules
- Paid Parental Leave
- Student loan paydown and refinancing assistance
- Educational assistance for job related courses, seminars, certifications or degrees
- One paid day every year to volunteer for your non-profit of choice
- On-site fitness center (Maine) or fitness reimbursement
- Subsidized parking
- Sit-Stand desks & daily stretch breaks
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law. MEMIC is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.