Who are we?
We are here to improve the lives of patients through innovative technologies. We're a rapidly growing multi-disciplinary scientific and medical team of professionals devoted to developing game changing technologies that transform healthcare and impact patients’ lives. We are addressing one of today’s most critical global health concerns –the rise of antibiotic resistant bacteria (www.me-med.com).
Who are we looking for?
If you're a highly motivated top notch professional and team player, with a passion for realizing game changing medical products that can impact patients, we would love to hear from you.
We are seeking for a highly talented and motivated individual to join our R&D clinical science team as a R&D Scientist. Applicants should have excellent experimental, out-of-the-box thinking and inter-personal skills and the passion to work in a dynamic and highly demanding startup environment.
- Lead research activities for feasibility and signature development of new IVD products that bring high medical value
- Perform literature reviews and proof-of-concept experiments to rapidly assess the potential of new partnering opportunities, in different therapy areas.
- Plan, execute and analyze experiments while maintaining detailed records of the experimental procedures.
- Examine In-vitro diagnostic immunoassays and support its generation through clinical studies up to release.
- Design the laboratory workflow
- Represent the company to partners at the clinical sites (laboratory managers, study coordinators, physicians etc.) and train them for the relevant activities.
- Provide ongoing support to clinical labs participating in the study.
- Summarize the results.
- Active participation in all laboratory maintenance procedures (equipment calibration, samples aliquoting etc.)
- Accomplish individual goals, meet project timelines and collaborate with other team members in a rapid and highly demanding environment.
- PhD in life sciences or related fields.
- Scientific creativity, critical thinking, fast learning capabilities and attention to small details.
- Capable of designing, performing, and analysing large-scale experiments with clinical samples based on strict methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Able to read, write and present scientific ideas and work with peers and collaborators.
- Project management experience – advantage.
- Hands-on experience with immunoassays – advantage.
- Hands-on experience with human blood samples- advantage.
- Hands-on experience in clinical studies – advantage.
- Fluent English speaker.
Location & Travel:
MeMed headquarters are based in Haifa, Israel.
Travel abroad (e.g. conferences, partners) will be required.