MBX (formerly named Memebox) is a multi-brand beauty start-up headquartered in San Francisco. The venture-backed company has raised over $190M in funding from prominent investors including Y Combinator, Formation 8 & Group, Goodwater Capital, Johnson & Johnson, and other Silicon Valley VCs.
MBX operates a portfolio of beauty and personal care brands that are co-developed with strategic partners like Sephora and Ulta, using data driven insights to identify white space opportunities in the market. The company’s products are made in Korea leveraging the latest K-beauty innovations in formula, packaging, and speed-to-market. MBX has offices in San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, and Taipei, and its brands include Kaja, I Dew Care, Pony Effect, I’M Meme, and Nooni.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager to join our dynamic, fast-paced team in San Francisco. In this role you will report to the Director of Sales
You will be responsible for developing the Sephora and / or Ulta business and growing sales (sell-in shipments and sell-through)
- Support Director of Sales in building the retail strategy for Sephora and / or Ulta across 1-3+ brands
- Manage weekly sell-in and identify any upside opportunity, working closely with Supply Chain and retailer planning teams to ensure accurate forecasts & shipments
- Support development of monthly and annual sales plan, understanding key business drivers and optimizing retail strategy to support company objectives
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate closely with the buyers to ensure alignment between retail and our brand strategies.
- Primary point-of-contact with retail partner(s) and key contributor to overall channel initiatives that drive conversion at point-of-sale including retail marketing, sampling, promotions, visual merchandising and field support.
- Manage day-to-day execution of promo & launch strategy, including sell-in, sell-through, and inventory management.
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan and execute best-in-class launches that maximize sales & support long-term brand growth objectives
- Manage channel marketing & promotional calendars
- Recommend assortment updates based on sku productivity, product launches, disco plan and budget
- Manage collation & share-out of weekly forecasts, account reporting, and other sales reports & insights
- Ongoing analysis of business performance, including sell-through / sell-in, category growth, pricing analysis, trends, and top performers to identify opportunities that drive incremental growth.
We’d love to see candidates who have:
- 3-5 years in account management
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Strong analytical experience and curiosity
- Strong excel skills
- Demonstrated effectiveness for problem solving
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to tell a cohesive, fact-based sales story
- An eye for detail
- Desire to work in a team environment
- Experience working in Beauty Industry
- Experience working with Ulta/Sephora
What we offer
- This is a unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact. You’ll get to work in a diverse environment with a team that is passionate about the work they do and knows how to have some fun along the way. The business you support will offer a diverse set of experiences that will enable you to grow your career in a variety of ways, with a company that has ample opportunity and strongly supports professional development.
- Downtown San Francisco location close to BART and Muni lines with inside bike parking
- Monthly company happy hours / activities
- 90% Medical, Dental, Vision premiums paid for employees, 75% for dependents
- Pet Friendly office environment
- Weekly catered lunch
- Kitchen stocked with delicious drinks and snacks