Memebox is a global beauty platform with a portfolio of established K-beauty brands. Based in San Francisco with five outposts across the world (including Seoul, Shanghai, and Taipei), Memebox is bringing the agility of the K-beauty craze to a global audience through smart product development, leveraging insights from its online community.
Since 2014, Memebox has introduced in-house product lines currently available in Asia, the United States and online: I Dew Care, Nooni, Pony Effect, I’M MEME and Shine Easy Glam. In September 2018, Memebox launched Kaja, the first co-developed K-beauty brand with Sephora.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our dynamic, fast-paced team in San Francisco. In this role you will report to our Senior Project Manager .
This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day.
Responsible for managing end-to-end execution of creative programs, from strategic planning phases through execution and implementation. Programs may include deliverables across all marketing channels (i.e., packaging, end caps, events, in-store, print, digital, photos & videos, press kits and social media). Manages program schedules and deliverables and pro-actively communicates expectations and milestones to all team members.
- Manages end-to-end of creative campaigns across online and offline channels
- Creates and publishes comprehensive schedules and sets interim milestone meetings, integrating traditional and digital media touch-points in the process. Proactively monitors progress to achieve deadlines and results
- Fosters partnerships with Marketing, Brand Development, Sales, Production, and Supply Chain management. Clearly and actively communicates requirements, deliverables, timelines and budget status throughout program lifecycle
- Partners upstream during strategic development with counterparts to ensure cross-functional alignment milestones and timelines for brief development and project kickoffs are met
- Manages laterally with creative on timely execution of core assets and with delivery management on execution of derivatives, versions, and translations
- Ensures timely execution of all project assets to meet launch dates, and sees through analytics and hind-sighting post campaign launch
- Manages day-to-day tasks of program planning and execution:
- Communicates strategic milestones and brief due dates to multiple brand partners; ensures information is available and complete
- Populates agendas for planning, kick-off, pre-pro, and review meetings
- Tracks schedules, updates reports and communicates program status to key stakeholders through weekly status meetings
- Ensures product delivery for photography is tracking to program schedule
- Identifies photo shoot needs across channels and partners with Creative for photo/video shoot execution and retouching milestones
- Routes core creative to multiple brand partners and ensures feedback is clear, actionable and received on time.
- Facilitates passing off core assets to delivery management/production for versioning
- Tracks delivery, development, QA and live dates
- Ensure work is adequately scoped to allow prioritization. Follow-up, as needed, if information is missing
- Work with the other areas’ Project Managers to ensure coordination and seamless execution for projects that touch more than area (examples: VMD)
- 4+ years’ experience in beauty project management working in a Creative department
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Shooting Production Experience is big plus
- Excellent technical skills – MS Office (specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint) & Asana
- Effective relationship-building skills; ability to cultivate strong partnerships across functions to bring people together toward common goals and consensus
- Effective communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal; confidence in leading/facilitating cross-functional team meetings to achieve results
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong time management skills; ability to troubleshoot issues, juggle multiple programs, and prioritize
- High energy and flexibility in a constantly evolving team environment
- Passion for Memebox, our programs, clients, partners and manufacturers
- A dynamic team
- Downtown San Francisco location close to BART and Muni lines with inside bike parking
- Monthly company happy hours / activities
- 90% Medical, Dental, Vision premiums paid for employees, 75% for dependents
- Pet Friendly office environment
- Weekly catered lunch and breakfast
- Kitchen stocked with delicious drinks and snacks