Memebox is a global beauty platform with a portfolio of established K-beauty brands. Based in San Francisco with five outposts across the world (including Seoul, Shanghai, and Taipei), Memebox is bringing the agility of the K-beauty craze to a global audience through smart product development, leveraging insights from its online community.
Since 2014, Memebox has introduced in-house product lines currently available in Asia, the United States and online: I Dew Care, Nooni, Pony Effect, I’M MEME and Shine Easy Glam. In September 2018, Memebox launched Kaja, the first co-developed K-beauty brand with Sephora.
We are looking for a Senior Graphic Designer to join our dynamic, fast-paced team in San Francisco. In this role you will report to the Head of Creative.
You are an experienced designer with beauty / cosmetic / retail display design experience and a natural when it comes to designing high quality artwork for online, print, packaging, visual merchandising and able to produce professionally created solutions at a fast pace in line with business demands.
You will work on a diverse range of projects producing enticing graphics and brand material to support our marketing strategies and campaigns, across different product categories each with their own style guidelines, identities and tone of voice. You will implement marketing strategies through the design and development of print, packaging and merchandising, as well digital communications.
- Design promotional packaging(sleeves, texture items) for all product categories.
- Create packaging as needed, and/or adapt with international programs as needed.
- Work with partners to ensure all appropriate regulatory language / languages are applied to packaging and other marketing materials where legally required.
- Develop layouts for photography as it pertains to promotional sets and packaging; supporting photo shoots and final retouching
- Create/layout landing pages, e-blasts, banners, retailer.com brand pages and special projects.
- Maintain and supply all current digital assets to e-commerce, social media, sales team, website and partner sites.
Merchandising w/ Retail Partners
- Concept, design and layout enhanced visual end caps
- Produce and purchase visual and display elements
- Create merchandising schematics for in-store teams to implement
- Set up for presentations
Essential Skills And Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in design
- At least 5+ years of Graphic or Production experience with a fast growth beauty and/or cosmetic brand
- Strong creative and problem solving skills.
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and prioritizing ability.
- Strong attention to detail both in design and daily administrative tasks.
- Strong technical aptitude, including Mac OS X proficiency
- Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of prepress, color matching/retouching, offset and digital printing a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to design and develop primary and secondary packaging components, with minimal guidance, that meet consumer, brand, customer, and manufacturing
Please provide your portfolio or a link to your portfolio when you apply.
- A dynamic team
- Downtown San Francisco location close to BART and Muni lines with inside bike parking
- Monthly company happy hours / activities
- 90% Medical, Dental, Vision premiums paid for employees, 75% for dependents
- Pet Friendly office environment
- Weekly catered lunch and breakfast
- Kitchen stocked with delicious drinks and snacks