Memebox is a global beauty platform with a portfolio of established K-beauty brands. Based in San Francisco with five outposts across the world, including South Korea, China and Taiwan, Memebox is bringing the agility of the K-beauty craze to a global audience through smart product development leveraging insights from its community, where users share beauty tips, tricks and product recommendations.
Since 2014, Memebox has introduced in-house product lines currently available in Asia, the United States and online: I Dew Care, Nooni, Pony Effect, I’m Meme and Shine Easy Glam. In September 2018, Memebox launched Kaja, the first co-developed K-beauty brand with Sephora.
At the intersection of technology and beauty we value employees who have great insights into beauty and e-commerce, act fast, think creatively and embody our customer-first mentality. Our fast-paced, dynamic culture attracts creative, passionate individuals with a determined, can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit. We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our CEO and other executives.
You are someone who has a real passion for making leaders and organizations better, through relationships, collaboration and keeping things running with great process. This position requires someone who is organized; has excellent interpersonal skills; shows initiative, and drive; and the ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks at a time with little direction.
To be successful, you can anticipate and remove administrative roadblocks; make timely decisions; have strong planning and organizational skills; experience with internal executives and supporting relationships with investors. You should be able to build effective working relationships across boundaries and accommodate work styles and perspectives of diverse individuals around the world.
The Assistant will complete a broad variety of administrative tasks and will work closely with both officers to manage their agenda and adapt to their needs. This role is a critical addition to the organization as the company is growing and scaling. We are looking for someone with a positive, can do/make happen attitude, action, and outcome oriented.
What will you do?
- Schedule and help produce board meetings including all details (hotel, transportation, meals, meeting/session coordination) for board meetings which may be hosted in different locations (the candidate may be asked to attend as well).
- This candidate will play a key role in the executive’s weekly staff meeting (manage the schedule, calendaring, agenda, managing guests, capturing and communicating the action items from weekly staff).
- This role will take the lead in the coordination of quarterly all-hands meetings in partnership with other key organizers.
- For various meetings, prepare agenda in advance; assist with and provide research/background information, content development, and support the creation of presentations and coordinate meetings.
- Manage the daily schedule of the CEO ensuring that he knows his scheduled 24 hours in advance and keeping appointments and meetings on time or changing schedules when necessary.
- Develop and maintain a system that alerts to upcoming deadlines on incoming requests or events.
- Manage executive travel arrangements and proactively coordinate the pre-planning of trips with various internal functions, including arranging appropriate travel, agendas and necessary contacts, information, and other necessary preparations.
- Provide support in the preparation for meetings including tracking, monitoring and following the progress of open action items and drafting the agenda.
- Manage effective contacts and relationships with internal and external influences.
- Handle confidential information in a professional and discreet manner.
- Exercise sound judgment, tact, diplomacy, integrity and professionalism in all transactions to include communicating and working with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the different department heads and location and the CEO and our investors, demonstrating leadership, ability to build trust, and provide high touch support to senior management
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum 8-10 years or equivalent work-related experience supporting Executives and interfacing with investors
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- A passion for the beauty industry and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly proficient in the following software programs: (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/ Google Suite).
- Extensive experience in administrative preparation of presentations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- A ‘let’s roll up our sleeves’ attitude which is especially important in a small but growing organization.
- Ability to speak Korean is a plus
- The ability to disrupt the beauty industry
- Work with a growth marketing team that makes an impact on the company!
- Monthly company happy hours/activities
- 90% Medical 100% paid for Dental, Vision, Life and LTD premiums paid for employees, 75% medical for dependents and 100% for Vision and Dental
- Pet-Friendly office environment
- Kitchen stocked with delicious drinks and snacks