We are looking for a Senior Manager of Marketing to join our dynamic, fast-paced team in San Francisco. In this role you will report to the CEO, you will facilitate the continual growth of our brand and build a world-class marketing organization. We are looking for an executive with a proven track record of driving growth results for a high-profile brand. The ideal candidate will be a natural leader who is creative and isn’t afraid to take risks.
- Develop a strategy for the US that will yield sustainable sales, market share and profit growth
- Develop integrated content of value with the purpose to drive awareness, leads, loyalty and/or other important metrics. Examples include: email, blogs,videos and social media messaging,
- Identify gaps and develop plans for missing content
- Develop, implement, and manage the vision and strategy for the content strategy - Lead the development and execution of content for Memebox marketing in print and electronic formats
- Define the consumer target and prime prospects for growth. Understand their values, behaviors, and needs (met and unmet) and the consumer journey.
- Define the positioning of our US-focused brands: Kaja at Sephora, I Dew Care at Ulta and grow them through various marketing activities
Consumer Engagement Strategy
- Define the consumer journey and create messaging strategy across all touchpoints in partnership with sales, brand/product development, e-commerce, and creative teams.
- Own the strategy and development of PR, social and digital editorial calendars and influencer relationships.
- Set business vision for content creation, targeting and distribution and act as a primary partner to creative on resourcing and execution.
- Manage Marketing budget, building investment priorities based on business objectives and issuing spending guidelines to local regions.
Owned and Paid Media Strategy
- Manage PR agency and communication strategy and foster key relationships with editors and makeup artists to maximize quality and quantity of coverage.
- Drive strategy and content for social media platforms, focusing on increasing brand engagement metrics, sentiment, and share of voice.
- Develop influencer strategies to amplify Memebox’s brand story and awareness.
- Lead integrated 360 marketing campaigns from strategy to brief to execution that is innovative, on-brand, and align all cross-functional activities to drive engagement and deliver business objectives. Ensure cohesive consumer experience no matter where s/he experiences Memebox (in-store, online, social media, etc).
- Partner with Brand / Product Development in the early stages of product development to ensure seamless handoff from concept to go-to-market.
- Partner with Creative to generate first-to-market campaign ideas and compelling content.
- Manage campaign budgets, ensuring appropriate resource planning and allocation across the year.
Consumer Insights & Marketing Effectiveness
- Ensure all marketing efforts leverage consumer insights, address trends and serve the consumer and brand needs.
- Lead cross-functional teams to continuously measure and improve campaigns and ongoing work, formalizing reporting of marketing effectiveness.
- Assess and drive investment in and management of the appropriate analytic tools to optimize social media and influencer performance.
- Act as a key organizational leader that champions internal culture aligned with the brand vision.
- Help develop insight and skills across the organization to ensure Memebox is innovative in consumer engagement across media, social, influencers and experiential marketing.
- Lead cross-functional workflow process to achieve marketing goals with clear ownership, deliverables, and accountability across the organization.
Who You Are
- You are able to learn quickly and take initiative, as our company is dynamic and ever-evolving. To succeed in this position, the following qualities are paramount:
- Extremely knowledgeable & passionate about beauty, digital and social media – a trend-hunter and culture-watcher
- Creative & inspirational storyteller, always bringing fresh ideas to the table
- Agile, open-minded and skilled at delivering in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Passionate about data-driven decision making, with a strong commercial instinct and obsession with the customer experience
- Able to adapt well to shifts in strategy and meet changing deadlines and priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail while managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent communication, project management, and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, balanced with creativity
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of 7-10 years of related experience; beauty preferred
- Proven track record of leading and developing a high performing team
- Depth of experience driving 360 marketing planning and integrated marketing programming with proven results, leading with digital and social media
- Strong examples of the ability to influence and build productive relationships internally and externally across, up and down an organization
- A dynamic team
- Downtown San Francisco location close to BART and Muni lines with inside bike parking
- Monthly company happy hours / activities
- 90% Medical, Dental, Vision premiums paid for employees, 75% for dependents
- Pet Friendly office environment
- Weekly catered lunch and breakfast
- Kitchen stocked with delicious drinks and snacks