Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, and tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating and energizing their fanbases.
We have paid out over $500 million directly to creators on our platform this year alone, and our user base has doubled. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a skilled business development and partnerships leader to drive the go to market efforts of our Memberful product and expand the number of creators launching their membership businesses with Patreon.
The Creator Partnerships Lead will be responsible for identifying and establishing strategic partnership opportunities with key creator organizations and lead these engagements to successful launches on the Membersful platform. Specifically, we are looking for someone with deep relationships in the journalism, lifestyle publishers, and/or education content spaces to help us scale our relationships in those industry verticals. The Creator Partnerships Lead will also be responsible for internal and external evangelism for creator needs internally and serve as an ambassador for the Creator Partnerships' team, our mission, and our consultative engagement capabilities.
What you will do:
- Develop scalable creator outreach frameworks to identify, recruit, and partner with the world’s most influential creators to launch their membership strategy.
- Build a pipeline of creators to engage with and a plan for creator acquisition growth.
- Drive relationships with creator representative organizations and create unique business models with these organizations to better recruit creators.
- Serve as a thought-leader at industry events and in strategic pitch conversations with talent managers, agents and influential creators.
- Be the voice of our target creators within Patreon and ensure we build products that serve the needs of established creators building businesses around their art.
- Coordinate work cross-functionally (product, marketing, support) to ensure launches are successful and project manage the team to a successful launch.
- Become an expert in the Memberful offering and this includes understanding the technical and product capabilities and be able to counsel creators on integrating the offering into their website and workflow.
Skills you possess:
- Partnerships Expertise: You are an expert business development / partnerships representative and thrive on strategic partnership engagements and have the skills to effectively drive partnership engagements forward. 5 - 7 years of partnerships experience or other applicable experience (Media, Consulting, Program Management, Business Development, Sales, Technology).
- Networking: You can get Patreon in the door with influential creators and can craft relationships and compelling narratives with organizations that work with creators. You have a deep understanding of the creative landscape
- Communication: You are able to serve as a thought-leader through clear, concise communication and deep understanding of the changing business models in the creative ecosystem. You understand the importance of documentation and organization.
- Cross-Functional Alignment: You can effectively advocate the needs of creators in a high-paced technology environment. You write clear, concise reports about takeaways from your learnings in the field. You respect teammates time and operate as a strong corporate citizen to help other teams meet their objectives.
- Critical Thinking: You are a strategic and creative thinker who can align incentives and priorities of multiple parties.
- Business Outcome Focused: You boil projects and objectives down to their business outcome and execute diligently towards strategic business outcomes.
- Forecasting: You are detail-oriented and enjoy working with data. You can help Patreon predict future growth.
- Core Behavior Ambassador: You exemplify Patreon's core behaviors and influence others around the organization.
What you will have the chance to learn:
- This is an amazing opportunity to be a driver of the shift in the way creators get paid for their art.
- You will own the successful acquisition and launch of key creators on Patreon's platform.
- You will build deep relationships across the organization.
- You will learn and codify how to help creators grow their business, how to drive strategic partnership relationships with creators.
- You will get to interact with interesting and influential creators across a variety of creator categories.
You’ll love working here if:
- You care about getting artists and creators paid
- You work best in a highly collaborative environment
- You want to work with teammates who excel at their jobs and have artistic talents
- You are committed to challenging the status quo and make sure our culture at Patreon is among the most diverse and inclusive places to work.
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing and highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class.
Patreon aspires to be among the tech industry’s most inclusive work environments. Not only is it the right thing to do, but pursuing diversity of perspectives helps us build for our diverse community of creators and patrons. To learn how we're working towards this, please click here.
We work hard to maintain a bottom-up decision-making culture. We empower our employees by providing a clear vision and tools to fulfill on it. We believe that hiring smart, thoughtful, people and giving them strong ownership of their work leads to the best results. We encourage you to learn more about how we think about culture at Patreon, to make sure we’re the right place for you.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- We are excited to share Patreon’s revamped Engineering Leveling Guide. Check it out here.
- Check out video testimonials, photos, and more on TheMuse
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn
Thanks very much for taking the time to learn about the team behind Patreon. If you want to join us changing creator’s lives, we’d love to talk.