If you are .....
- Curious about how the news and online social media data can shape the strategy in the department of PR, communication, marketing and investor relations as well as the business expansion and product development?
- Excited about combining your business intuition and analytical skills to identify business opportunities and challenges?
- Eager to help our client to improve their business performance and planning by providing analytical and actionable insights?
- Want to get real work in an internship and be part of the success from DAY 1?
Then keep reading…
Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the publicly listed global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software company. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™ and awarded as “Best Career Growth”, “Best CEOs for Women”, “Best Sales Team”, “Best Product & Design Team” and “Best Global Culture” by Comparably.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones.
About this role
You will have the unique opportunity to discover and solve real business challenges with our media intelligence. You will work closely with the greater china management team to make a direct impact on the business growth of Meltwater and our clients across industries, eg. Publicis, Sony, Li & Fung, Nissin Foods, Longchamp, Philip Morris, NBA, Louis Vuitton… many more.
You will work on an array of business and social analytics projects to showcase the value proposition of Meltwater solutions to clients. You will empower our clients to succeed in every possible way by addressing their business challenges using media intelligence. All your great work will help strengthen the position of Meltwater as a trusted strategic partner in media intelligence for clients.
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn, energetic, analytical, adventurous, and humble, and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves. No question is off-limits and we'll do everything we can to help accelerate your personal growth.
This internship is available for below time period in Hong Kong office:
- January to June (Part time internship for 12 weeks+)
- June to August (Full time internship for 10 weeks)
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is highly encouraged to apply soon. We provide a green pass of the final interview for a full time position to the top performer at this internship program.
What do we offer?
- Meltwater University - Receive training in different settings, eg.In classroom, on the job and online, on our principles, values, products, sales methodology and industry specific knowledge. Attend upskilling workshops to learn the interesting case study and best practices for media research and analysis.
- Sponsorship from Meltwater management team and the experienced experts - Receive constructive feedback and suggestions from managers and peers constantly, to ensure you are developing as fast as your potential allows.
What will you be doing?
You will be attached to one of our sales teams (Client Success or Client Success Enterprise team) and be assigned to media data analytics projects with our prominent clients to get on-the-job experience and a better understanding of our Meltwater business model. You will work with our sales team and insight team to identify our clients business challenges, conduct research and analysis using Meltwater tools, develop actionable insights to solve the real business problems, and pitch your ideas to the management team or our client directly!
You will have to stretch your analytical mind in connecting various media data points to develop insights leading to specific actions. You will learn, grow and have a tangible impact on key areas of the business, most importantly shape how Meltwater and our client business grow in Greater China.
Outside of work, you will be our cultural ambassador to make our workplace more fun and enjoyable.
We would love to see…
- Full-time undergraduate/graduate student majoring in Global Business, Business Management, Business Analysis, Marketing, Communication, Information Systems or related field
- Prior internship experience in consulting, marketing, PR, analytics & insights will be a big plus
- Proficient in written and spoken English, Cantonese / Mandarin
- Excellent analytical skills, problem-solving and attention to detail
- A keen interest in reading global and local news
- Strong collaboration skills with internal/external customers and multi-functional teams
- “can do” attitude, and a great teammate in an international and fast paced environment
- Self-starter with strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint knowledge
- Authorization to work in Hong Kong without restrictions or need for future sponsorship
The perks of working with us!
- Working with fun, driven and friendly people at an open, dynamic and international working environment
- Get the real responsibilities from DAY 1 at an industry leading global company
- Learn how business run in the digital age
- Immerse yourself in the cutting edge social media intelligence technology
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- And more…