Enterprise Pre-sales Consultant
Founded in Oslo in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the publicly listed global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software company. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™ and awarded as “Best Career Growth”, “Best CEOs for Women”, “Best Sales Team”, “Best Product & Design Team” and “Best Global Culture” by Comparably.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones.
Meet with the team
The Enterprise team brings in and works with our most important and premium enterprises clients across the region, including identifying business problems and understanding strategic business goals, coaching and consulting clients the way they think about social media, online editorial, print, and other types of data, on what the media monitoring and analysis goals should be and how to achieve them.
We are aiming to turn external data into credible insights that are used to measure organizational performance, track competitor and industry development, monitor the government regulation changes, manage PR crisis, conduct consumer insights and leverage innovative opportunities for our clients by using Meltwater solutions. We are a team of experienced consultants who are proud to be our clients’ trusted business partner in using media intelligence and social analytics.
About this role
As an Enterprise Pre-sales Consultant, you will play a key role in supporting our Enterprise Sales Team which drives our highest value growth opportunities throughout the region. You will work with our Enterprise Sales team on the presales and delivery stages of a sales cycle for complex solution offerings.
You will build and manage professional relationships with a high volume of target accounts, with the goal being to create qualified opportunities for Enterprise sales. You will own outreach to net new prospective customers, educating them about Meltwater and gauging/generating interest. You are also responsible for qualifying solution feasibility, developing project cost estimates and scoping proposals.
Success in this position requires exceptional time management, organization, communication skills, business acumen skills and a passion for helping clients achieve results. Measures of success include product demonstration appointments booked and executed by Enterprise sales, individual opportunity generation and contribution to the overall sales team.
What do we offer?
A structured and extensive training to ensure you are highly developed professionally and personally
- Meltwater University - You will receive comprehensive training on our principles, values, products, sales methodology and industry specific knowledge through classroom, on the job training and online learning
- Sponsorship from Meltwater leadership team - You will have access to senior leadership both on a local and regional level. We pride ourselves on a flat hierarchy and our leadership will be available to you.
- Regular goal setting and feedback session - You will receive regular support from your manager who will act as your mentor, providing regular feedback and coaching as your progress through the program.
A clear career development - You own it, you decide it
- You will have the opportunity to be a Solution Director or Enterprise sales in the future
What will you be doing?
- Work with Enterprise sales team to ensure realisation of strategic business goals/revenue growth on regional level (Greater China)
- Proactively reach out to strategic enterprise level prospects/clients for qualification, discovery calls, articulating Meltwater Value Proposition
- Navigate objections and foster relationships with prospects/clients
- Closely work with sales reps to uncover business needs and qualify solution feasibility, especially for tenders/RFPs/biddings
- Set up and deliver value-based demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles
- Work closely with the entire sales organization and external parties to accelerate the sales cycle and to extend our reach into target accounts
- Remain current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors
- Inform and drive knowledge by challenging the status quo across traditional and social channels
- Know Meltwater and enterprise solutions inside out
- Understands the China and overseas media intelligence competitive landscape
What we would like to see from you
- Bachelor’s Degree in any disciplines
- 2+ years of sales or pre sales experience in consulting, technology, market research, public relation, marketing or relevant industry preferred
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin (mandatory)
- Structured, organized, detail-oriented, collaborative mindset
- Ability to think outside the box as needed with an instinct for creativeness
- Ability to internalize Meltwater value proposition to communicate and customize it effectively
- Knowledge of China digital ecosystem, social media landscape
- Good Excel and Powerpoint Skills
- Previous history of consistent overachievement against targets is ideal
- Ideally experience of taking a new, disruptive technology to market from a new sales perspective
The perks of working with us!
- Competitive compensation package
- Prizes, spiffs, and additional sales incentives
- 20 paid holidays
- Comprehensive personal and professional development program, eg. New hire training programs, conference, seminar, up skill session, business case sharing session for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Working with fun, driven and friendly people at an open, dynamic and international working environment
- Gym Allowance
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks