Meet with the team
The Marketing team at Meltwater directly contributes to the business by engaging with existing clients and prospects to convert them as leads to generate sales. Our day to day includes not only connecting with the sales teams, but also data analysis and creating deliverables, and helping build engagement with our clients through field marketing and digital marketing.
About this role
As the Content Writer for the Hong Kong market, you will write engaging content in English for initiatives that highlight the trends and interests of the Hong Kong market to inspire prospective clients and attract, engage, amplify and grow our employer brand's reputation among target audiences through social media posts, blog articles, campaign reports and case studies. You will partner with the HK Field Marketing Manager, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager for North Asia and APAC Content Marketing Manager to tailor initiatives in the local market.
You will have a deep understanding of the local market and know what content strategies to use, to bring Meltwater to the front of the pack in a highly competitive environment. You will focus on creating content pieces (minimum 2 projects for business marketing and 4 projects for employer branding per month) that strengthens and expands the purchase and usage of the Meltwater’s product, reinforces the company’s overall brand, vision, and mission, as well as grow Meltwater’s Employer Brand in Hong Kong, drive inbound pipeline to our Talent Acquisition team across teams.
What you will be doing?
- Working closely with the HK Field Marketing Manager, Senior Talent Acquisition Manager for North Asia and APAC Content Marketing Manager to understand quarterly business goals, strategies, and targeted audience insights to inform the development of strategic content across owned and earned channels and events.
- Write clear, concise, compelling copy such as blog articles, ebooks, whitepapers, social copy, employee interview, and case studies that align brand voice, brand messaging, and digital best practices to support the Hong Kong specific marketing initiatives for business and employer branding.
- Explore bold ideas to telling meaningful stories that connect with our target audiences
- Contribute strategic ideas for new types of content, experience enhancements, and editorial opportunities
- Drive editorial excellence and uphold standards and best practices to maintain consistent quality, voice, and style
- Work closely with cross-functional groups to deliver strategic, data-driven, high-performing copy that is on-message and optimized for appropriate marketing initiatives and mediums.
- Research, prototype and write SEO-focused pages and content, with a particular focus on English-language keyword that adheres to Meltwater style guidelines and standards
- Manage the content development process for assigned areas to execute on multiple projects and priorities simultaneously and ensure timely delivery of work under tight deadlines and rapidly changing parameters.
What we would like to see from you
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis on communications, journalism, marketing, and/or media analytics is a big plus
- At least 3 years of experience in SEO content writing and copywriting
- Strong portfolio demonstrating relevant, inspired writing samples and an effective content development process
- Experience working at both an agency and in-house is a plus
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Must be a strong collaborator, solutions-orientated, effective communicator – both verbal & written
- Sensitivity of social trends on events & local leisure activities in Hong Kong
- Outstanding writer and storyteller who sweats the details
- Possess a strong business sense and knowledge of PR
- Understanding of all aspects of content creation, including digital marketing, SEO, web design, content strategy
- Experience in using data-driven insights to tell a narrative-driven story for our audience. Knowledge in trend forecasting, market research, and brand data is a big plus
The perks of working with us!
- Awesome coworkers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 20 paid holidays
- Comprehensive training program
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Gym Allowance
- Fun team outings
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- And more…