Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as a great place to work for talents globally. We have won several Top Employer awards worldwide and most recently been accredited as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. MEST has invested over $20million into training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and invested in over 50 early stage tech startups. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones
About this role
As a Sales intelligence analyst intern, you will be a critical partner to our Japan leadership and the sales teams, helping to drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our sales enablement programs, supporting our retention and growth imperatives. You will have good analytical skills to complement their business acumen. You will be innovative, independent, and excited about having a big impact through building tools and leveraging data to drive insights.
The successful candidate is required to intern 20-27 hours per week at the Hong Kong office for 3 consecutive months.
What you will be doing?
- Generate regular metric analysis for the Sales Leadership Team to monitor performance across a range of key business drivers and sales team performance.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen and an ability to identify issues and high level areas of opportunity and communicate critical business findings to Area Director for Japan in a way that can influence how we approach business challenges
- Become a "go to" resource for ad-hoc analysis and projects around sales enablement to drive sales excellence, for example listen into our sales pitching call, conduct ongoing in-depth research on competitor go-to-market strategy and product capabilities, sales collateral production, reviewing new tools
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
We would love to see…
- Current Year 2 to 4 student who is looking for real work experience in a fast-moving, international and entrepreneurial environment
- Bachelor’s degree with evidence of high achievement in academics and extracurriculars
- Relevant experience in sales, marketing, communication, market research, business analysis/operations, consulting or high growth startup is a big plus
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Japanese
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in responding to ad hoc, time-sensitive requests
- Team player mentality with the ability to work independently
- Passionate about entrepreneurship, self-motivated, curious and resilient
- A quick learner that open to feedback and dedicate to consistent self-improvement
The perks of working with us!
- Awesome coworkers
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Fun team outings
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- Get the real responsibilities from DAY 1!
- Learn how business run in the digital age
- Immerse yourself in the cutting edge social media intelligence technology
- And more…