Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as a great place to work for talents globally. We have won several Top Employer awards worldwide and most recently been accredited as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. MEST has invested over $20million into training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and invested in over 50 early stage tech startups. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones.
Meet with the team
Meltwater’s Media Insights & Analytics team forms up the professional services arm of our business. We take responsibility for curating bespoke reports and managing key projects of our biggest clients. We deliver business-essential intelligence reports based on our keen analyses of various media outlets across traditional and social media channels. Our core competency of high adaptability to client’s requirements and fast turnarounds comes from the unique team of individuals composed of diverse insights & analytics skills. We always strive to break new grounds, constantly focusing on solution-oriented approaches and at the same time developing every individual to his or her full capacity.
About the role
You will be helping to grow our Greater China Media Insights & Analytics business and ensuring that we deliver market leading research and answer our clients business questions with media insights that create impact!
You will provide thought leadership and best practices approaches on analytics research and analytics solution development. You will lead and develop a team of 30+ individuals that will perform research, curate bespoke analytics reports and improve existing solutions. You will leverage strong knowledge of market research and analytics in day-to-day work with the team. This role is the crucial partner to the Enterprise team as developing our business strategy for short and long-term growth that would create and implement strategic initiatives across the China business.
The ideal candidate will have 8-12 years of relevant experience in the B2B and B2C industries and expert capabilities in market research and communication. This role is a combination of being hands-on and at the same managing a group of analysts to achieve business objectives defined by Greater China Leadership. It is an exceptional opportunity for you to further develop the leadership skills, strategic partnership skills, the cutting edge research techniques and grow the project management experience, all while thriving in a fast-growing and versatile organization that offers you empowerment and autonomy.
What will you be doing?
- Develop the data analytics strategy and build the capability for a team of 40 individuals (project leads and analysts). Manage, motivate, coach and develop the team to ideate beyond the immediate data analytics deliverables and come up with new creative solutions
- Be a culture champion - build and drive the overall culture and vision of the team by leading by example, while also nurturing the development and potential of the senior analysts and managers
- Elevate the capabilities of the team through on the job coaching, regular team meetings and think tank sessions, regular training sessions hosted by internal stakeholders/external vendors on soft and hard skills and broader business-related topics
- Periodic check-ins and performance reviews with individuals, and also provide guidance and perspective on career-related topics
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of key commercial clients on a day-to-day basis, advising to proactively address needs, provide thought leadership and solve business problems that drive satisfaction.
- Ensure the projects are delivered on time, within budget and in high quality standards. Build positive relationship with both internal and external partners to ensure the smooth running and timely delivery of projects
- Designing the strategy for your key accounts and other focus growth areas in collaboration with the AD, departmental MD/Manager
- Manage and implement strategic initiatives across the China business to ensure continued growth and successful servicing of the portfolio
- Managing the different teams resources efficiently and profitably while delivering a methodology to ensure we fulfil and have planned for the sales organisations success
- Partnering with the Sales teams on pitches/proposals and identifying cross-sell opportunities, ensuring penetration across product/service portfolio
- Collaborate across different teams and stay up-to-date on industry changes, to maintain an edge in proposing best-in-class media insights reports and deliverables for clients
What we would like to see from you
- 8+ years of experience managing high volume research projects, interfacing with clients to proactively deliver on agreed KPIs., including 5+ years managing 10+ people, alternatively running a 10 to 15+ project team
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Social Sciences or related field
- With relevant industry experience in media insights / reporting & analytics / traditional or social media / digital marketing / media agencies & public relations / digital marketing / marketing & communications is a big plus
- Some knowledge of SaaS-based media tech and platforms, and media measurement KPIs
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Chinese with internal and external clients using logical reasoning, problem-solving skills.
- A natural leader with vision and high energy, ability to encourage and empower people
- Excellent leadership, consensus-building, and conflict-resolution skills – you have a successful track record in building and influencing teams, internally through vendor networks
- Possess a commercial mindset / business orientation along with gravitas, and relationship-building skills needed to build rapport and influence senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work across internal teams, functions, and harness people for action
- Proactive with the ability to work on multiple projects with changing priorities in a dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
- Creative and entrepreneurial, you apply critical thinking to solve business problems using data and analytics – by looking at numbers, trends and coming to smart conclusions based on the findings
- Strong analytical and logical skills – able to translate data into actionable insights in the simplest and most concise manner, have an eye for detail and ask “what does this mean?” to the data
- Exposure to statistical modelling and data mining techniques, and analytical tools and languages such as SQL, Python, R, etc.
- Familiar with data visualization and dashboard tools, Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, etc
The perks of working with us!
- Awesome coworkers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Prizes, spiffs, and additional sales incentives.
- 20 paid holidays
- Training program, conference, seminar for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Gym Allowance
- Fun team outings
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- And more…