Gopher Center (歌斐中心), Huangpu District, Shanghai
About this role
As a Business Development Representative in our Account Executive team, you will be speaking to a wide range of companies across all industries and work with some of the most exciting companies in Shanghai.
Our clients are typically in the Public Relations, Communications, or Marketing departments, and because Meltwater is a service that can value-add to businesses across all industries, you will get exposure to organizations of all shapes and sizes, helping you improve your business acumen with every step of the way.
Your role as a Business Development Representative will have a strong focus on working with our senior sales Account Executives to qualify prospects and build a strong sales pipeline. The role will give the candidate opportunities to pitch to and participate in meetings with C-Suite Executives, as well as a chance to consult with them on their PR, marketing, and media initiatives.
What you will be doing?
- Business development and lead generation role where you will work very closely with the our Account Executives to accelerate sales & revenue growth in Shanghai
- Focus on driving the top of the sales funnel – such as sales pipeline generation, and lead qualification of new & existing clients for the purpose of driving sales & revenue
- Qualify inbound leads, and reach out to outbound prospects effectively, ensuring a growing and steady stream of opportunities to be converted to successful deals
- Initiate early conversations with clients to understand their pain points, grow their excitement towards Meltwater, and start building value by sharing our differentiating factors
- Book a steady flow of demos and meetings for interested clients, where you will also introduce the Account Executives who continue with the sales process
- Some element of presales work, such as putting together business proposals, presentations, pitch decks, proof of concepts, and collecting use cases
- Become an expert user of our SaaS platforms
- Specialize in knowledge in the Social Media, Communications & Digital Marketing industry
- Contribute to our Account Executive division’s sales performance
Skills & Requirement
What we would like to see from you
- Currently based in or willing to relocate to Shanghai
- Bachelor’s degree or above. Any majors are welcome!
- Entry level / have up to 1 year of relevant work experience
- Curious about and understand the value of digital marketing / social media / MarTech / MarCom
- Interest in tech & SaaS / media intelligence, and a regular consumer of the news / media
- High level of drive & stamina to succeed in sales
- Prior experience cold calling, booking and conducting software demos, or exposure to sales processes from prospecting to closing of deals
- Good to have track record of successes and highlights in sales achievements
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive, and organized with the ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high-pressure environment
What do we offer?
- Competitive remuneration package, with uncapped monthly commissions and quarterly bonuses!
- Fast career progression & empowerment in your role
- Flat hierarchy with diverse, high-performance & collaborative teams
- Global presence & a uniquely Meltwater culture like no other
- Both flexible work arrangements & vibrant offices with well-stocked pantries
- Generous vacation leave & work-life balance
The perks of working with us!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- 20 paid holidays, on top of that, we have compassionate leave, personal leave, special leave, and other types of personal time off to make sure you have a great work-life balance
- Business travel life insurance
- Get the real responsibilities from DAY 1!
- Awesome coworkers
- Fun, ambitious, and international working environment
- Fun team outings
- Immerse yourself in the cutting-edge social media intelligence technology
- Various online and offline training programs with a focus of employees’ personal career development
- Well stocked kitchen
- And more…
Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as a great place to work for talents globally. We have won several Top Employer awards worldwide and most recently been accredited as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. MEST has invested over $20million into training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and invested in over 50 early stage tech startups. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/