Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as a great place to work for talents globally. We have won several Top Employer awards worldwide and most recently been accredited as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. MEST has invested over $20million into training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and invested in over 50 early stage tech startups. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones.
Check out our career site to learn more - https://www.meltwatercncareer.com
Meet with the team
At Meltwater, we believe that our success is directly tied to the business value our clients derive from our media intelligence solutions. To ensure clients realize business value at every stage in their journey with us, our Client Success team is committed to delighting our clients with every interaction - from understanding clients needs to delivering the right set of offerings that result in highly successful clients.
About this role
You will be acting as a client strategist to aggressively break into new lines of business groups and expand account usage in a variety of different verticals of our existing clients, you will transform their business and meet their objectives through engaging a broader range of Meltwater solutions. You will achieve the sales goals through inside sales activities, exceptional relationship management and product expertise. This role provides a great opportunity of growing yourself to be an expert of selling business transforming solutions to some of the impactful, influential companies, which will shape the future of "outside insight".
The ideal candidate for this individual contributor role will thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment while comfortable with building a strong pipeline of leads, executing product demos, negotiating and eventually navigating key accounts to a close. Demonstrated success in conducting account planning and mapping, exceeding sales objectives, knowing how to navigate complex deals with multiple decision makers and having a love for the thrill of the hunt is a key for success in this role!
What you will be doing?
- Achieving monthly upsell and cross sell targets through breaking into new lines of business groups within the defined account as well as expanding usage within the defined accounts
- Ownership of the full sales-cycle, including building pipeline to contract generation and other deliverables for closing
- Pipeline customers through a combination of cold calling, email campaigns, and market sector knowledge
- Working with account managers on execution of strategic targets and strengthen and expand our relationships with the decision markers in a variety of existing accounts and prospects in your territory
- Clearly and effectively articulate Meltwater’s value propositions and solutions in both remote and onsite meetings
- Partnering with account managers to proactively gather, analyze and leverage data on customer changes, industry trends and competitive dynamics to influence how these customers can use Meltwater to drive maximum value for their businesses
- Working across all verticals; including non-profit, listed, government and more
- Inspire and educate customers on Meltwater products/services & evangelize key wins within your assigned territory
- Inform and drive knowledge by challenging the status quo across traditional and social channels
What we would like to see from you
- At least 1 year of working experiences
- A passion for entrepreneurship, technology, consultative solution selling and disrupting how companies use media intelligence
- Extreme curiosity to learn about the product, the industry, and your customer's businesses
- Ability to analyze data to drive decision-making and recommendations
- Consistent overachievement against sales targets in past experiences
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Deep and creative sales hunter skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Proven success managing time and juggling multiple projects in a high growth and fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, result driven with natural leadership qualities
- University Degree of any disciplines with strong academic results
The perks of working with us!
- Awesome coworkers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Prizes, spiffs, and additional sales incentives.
- 20 paid holidays
- Training program, conference, seminar for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Gym Allowance
- Fun team outings
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- And more…