If you are .....
- Curious about how the news and online social media data can shape the business, PR, Communication and Marketing strategy
- Desired to have a fast-track career path into management team
- Eager to be the trusted and strategic business partner of our clients from Day1
- Excited to be surrounded by a team of intelligent, dynamic, entrepreneurial people that will constantly inspire you and push you out of comfort zone
Then keep reading…
Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as a great place to work for talents globally. We have won several Top Employer awards worldwide and most recently been accredited as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. MEST has invested over $20million into training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and invested in over 50 early stage tech startups. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones
About Our Program
It is designed to equip you for a successful B2B sales career in cutting edge AI driven media intelligence business, develop you into one of our future leaders in the revenue generating team. You are the trusted partner to our clients across industries that help them to achieve more by harnessing outside data for decision-making. It is a critical commercial function that directly contributes to our international organization’s expansion across Asia Pacific.
What we offer?
A structured and extensive training to ensure you are highly developed professionally and personally
- Comprehensive training on our principles, values, products, sales methodology and industry specific knowledge
- Mentoring program
- On the job training
- Weekly check-in with your direct report manager
- Skillset workshops, upskilling webinars and the opportunity for overseas travel
- 1on1 support from your manager throughout the program with us to ensure you are developing as fast as your potential allows. You will be set measurable goals to achieve and receive constructive feedback from manager constantly.
A fast track career development - You own it, you decide it
The career path with us is competitive, your career growth is completely determined by your learning ability, performance and leadership qualities. There is an opportunity for top achievers to rotate through different commercial functions throughout the time with us.
- Consultant/Senior Consultant (1st - 2nd Year): Be a primary driver of expanding our business and sharing the business value of what we provide to prospects. Learn the business value of online-media & Meltwater sales methodology, to become an expert on social media intelligence. You will handle the full consultative sales cycle from active prospecting, conducting strategic needs analysis, creating and delivering high impact product demonstrations and business presentation that compel the senior business leaders/ C-level executives to subscribe Meltwater solutions, handling objections, closing the deal to onboarding clients in collaboration with Client Success and Client Insight team.
- Manager/Senior Manager (2nd - 4th Year): Lead a small team of sales consultants and senior sales consultants to bring the best business values to the new clients. You will participate in strategic and tactical planning for your team. Your focus will be on tackling more complex deals, people development and inspiring the next generation of managers-to-be.
- Managing Director (4th Year +) : Take ownership of the vision for your team growth, you will hire, train, lead and manage a team of A players. Make it a place where everyone is inspired and challenged to excel in their job. Manage multi-million USD portfolio of clients with full P&L responsibility. Sharp the product development and China specific products localization strategy in Greater China. Make a direct and profound impact on our organizational growth in the most important region at Meltwater Group.
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for driving Meltwater’s revenue growth through consultative sales and acquisition of new clients
- By staying on top of the news, social media, business announcements and marketing campaigns, direct prospecting, and in house marketing campaigns to generate leads and new business opportunities
- Proactively outreach clients’ business executives over email, phone, Linkedin and wechat to learn about their business and challenges, they are mainly the executives or senior directors at the department of marketing, PR, investor relation, product
- Consult with companies on how they use news and social media data to inform strategy and decision making, assess their buying interest, pitch relevant solutions either through online demonstrations or in person meetings, negotiate the pricing and T&C and close the deal
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above monthly quota results
- Educate and guide prospects through the buyer’s journey to help them understand how Meltwater can help drive their business goals and objectives
- Diligently update our internal sales systems to stay current on leads and follow ups
- Deliver a best in class client experience from the beginning of contact through onboarding stage
- Diligently keep informed of product developments, competition and industry trends to stay ahead of the curve
We would love to see…
- University Degree with strong academic results
- Desire to work in a result driven sales environment
- A regular consumer of the news / media
- International exposure for full time work/internship or study would be ideal
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to convey and relate ideas to others
- Have a strong history of being the best at whatever you have done in the past
- Entrepreneurial mindset - no challenge is too great, no task too small; ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Vibrant and energetic attitude with natural leadership qualities
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to work confidently, both independently and in a team
Meltwater offers a very competitive compensation plan with accelerating commissions and tremendous upside earnings potential that has no cap.
The perks of working with us!
- Awesome coworkers
- Competitive Compensation Package - we have an uncapped commission scheme!
- Prizes, spiffs, and additional sales incentives.
- 20 paid holidays
- Training program, conference, seminar for your personal and professional growth
- Mentorship program
- Responsibility & ownership to carve out your career path
- Accelerated career path
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Gym Allowance
- Fun team outings
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- And more…