Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as a great place to work for talents globally. We have won several Top Employer awards worldwide and most recently been accredited as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. MEST has invested over $20million into training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and invested in over 50 early stage tech startups. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones
Meet with the team
The Client Acquisition team is a critical component to our revenue growth and culture at Meltwater. Every member of the team embodies our core values, especially ownership, fun, number 1 and respect. We drive tremendous values as a team by building awareness of Meltwater, driving the sales funnel for the Meltwater solutions, and directly contributing to the success of Meltwater expansion.
About this role
You will be at the forefront of critical new relationships with clients from top tier and well known brands to small to medium business across multiple industry categories. You will handle the full cycle of business development, including using both established techniques and innovative ways to identify, nurture, qualify and execute business development opportunities across the Meltwater product portfolio.
Our clients are typically in the Public Relations, Communications, or Marketing departments, and because Meltwater is a service that can value-add to businesses across all industries, you will get exposure to organizations of all shapes and sizes, helping you improve your business acumen with every step of the way.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone self driven, energetic and creative and want to develop their career at a global SaaS business, with a vision to create a strong APAC footprint and pioneer a new software category for businesses.Also it is for those want to work with highly motivated, fun, hunger to succeed sales professionals that take pride in landing new customers, running strategic sales cycles and challenge existing norms within our industry, and act not only as a Meltwater product expert but as an extension of our clients' team, consulting on long term business objectives and developing strong professional relationships.
We provide full training allowing you to build your knowledge, industry expertise, and become a trusted partner to our clients.
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for driving Meltwater’s revenue growth through consultative sales and acquisition of new clients
- By staying on top of the news, social media, business announcements and marketing campaigns, direct prospecting, and in house marketing campaigns to generate leads and new business opportunities
- Proactively outreach clients’ business executives over email, phone, Linkedin and wechat to learn about their business and challenges, they are mainly the executives or senior directors at the department of marketing, PR, investor relation, product
- Consult with companies on how they use news and social media data to inform strategy and decision making, assess their buying interest, pitch relevant solutions either through online demonstrations or in person meetings, negotiate the pricing and T&C and close the deal
- Manage daily and weekly activities, pipelines, forecasts and closed deals to ensure above monthly quota results
- Educate and guide prospects through the buyer’s journey to help them understand how Meltwater can help drive their business goals and objectives
- Diligently update our internal sales systems to stay current on leads and follow ups
- Deliver a best in class client experience from the beginning of contact through onboarding stage
- Diligently keep informed of product developments, competition and industry trends to stay ahead of the curve
We would love to see…
- University Degree with strong academic results
- Desire to work in a result driven sales environment
- A regular consumer of the news / media
- International exposure for full time work/internship or study would be ideal
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to convey and relate ideas to others
- Have a strong history of being the best at whatever you have done in the past
- Entrepreneurial mindset - no challenge is too great, no task too small; ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Vibrant and energetic attitude with natural leadership qualities
- Ability to adapt easily to a rapidly-changing environment
- Ability to work confidently, both independently and in a team
Meltwater offers a very competitive compensation plan with accelerating commissions and tremendous upside earnings potential that has no cap.
The perks of working with us!
- Awesome coworkers
- Competitive Compensation Package - we have an uncapped commission scheme!
- Prizes, spiffs, and additional sales incentives.
- 20 paid holidays
- Training program, conference, seminar for your personal and professional growth
- Mentorship program
- Responsibility & ownership to carve out your career path
- Accelerated career path
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Gym Allowance
- Fun team outings
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- And more…