Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as a great place to work for talents globally. We have won several Top Employer awards worldwide and most recently been accredited as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces 2018”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong 2018”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China 2018” by Great Place to Work™.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. Learn more on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones.
Meet with the team
The Key Account Insight team plays a vital role that helps the most prestigious clients in Greater China to see the outside insights of their media performance. By leveraging multi-channel datasets, the team focuses on unveiling media insights in the market where our clients are operating. We deliver intelligence reports based on holistic views from different media outlets. We also help to analyze media impacts, draw out brand trends, monitor competitors and showcase the results to clients for an integrated media strategy. We are proud of ourselves for being a partner to grow with our clients’ business.
About this role
You will assist the senior team members to provide clients’ reports using Meltwater’s technology. You will have a significant impact on how we diagnose client media data, interpreting this data and drawing recommendations on key stories impacting the businesses brands perception, the competitive landscape, as well as industry trends for clients both locally and globally. You will get to work with clients from a wide range of industries including tech, education, non-for profits, banking/finance, and beauty, providing analysis and insight that will be used to make strategic business decisions.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about research and analysis, humble, enjoy working in a fast paced and teamwork oriented environment, not afraid of taking up new challenges and proactively finding ways to tackle. No question is off limits and we'll do everything we can to help accelerate your personal growth.
This internship is available for 3 time periods:
- September to December (Full time internship or Offcycle, intern for at least 27 hours per week for 8.5 weeks)
- January to June (Full time internship or Offcycle, intern for at least 27 hours per week for 8.5 weeks)
- June to August (Full time internship for 8.5 weeks)
We provide a green pass of final interview for a full time position to the top performer at this internship program.
What you will be doing?
- Conduct research on Meltwater tools on news, media as well as social media platforms
- Data cleaning including: download data from meltwater platform, adjust sentiment of news, adjust themes of news, and count the engagement
- Develop visualizations in Excel and PowerPoint to illustrate clients brand data
- Working closely with translation team on the brand's key messages and relevant findings across all media and social initiatives
- Working extensively with Client Success team to assist in on-boarding training, customers’ need analysis and enhancing the customer satisfaction
- Keeping track of market trends and staying abreast in the digital market arena
What we would like to see from you
- University Degree in Communication, Media, Data Analysis, Marketing, Public Relations or Business related majors.
- Advanced level of Excel and PPT
- Knowledge of VBA, Python, Tableau, SPSS or R (programming language) is an asset
- Strong communication skills in both English & Mandarin (spoken and written)
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and always able to complete tasks independently within demanding schedules
- High desire to learn about digital technology/innovation and communications strategy
- Keen interest in news, current affairs and social media influence
- Eligible to work in China
The perks of working with us!
- Awesome coworkers
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Fun team outings
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- Get the real responsibilities from DAY 1!
- Learn how business run in the digital age
- Develop valuable skills such as learning to work towards important metrics
- Immerse yourself in the cutting edge social media intelligence technology
- And more…