Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as a great place to work for talents globally. We have won several Top Employer awards worldwide and most recently been accredited as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. MEST has invested over $20million into training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and invested in over 50 early stage tech startups. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones.
Meet with the team
Insight team plays a vital role that helps our clients see the outside insights by leveraging multi-channel datasets that are sourced through our tools. From tracking impact and sentiment analysis in real time to having an insight about the competitors’ online footprint, we help clients to understand the bigger picture and their industry as a whole. We are proud of ourselves for being a partner to grow with our clients' business.
About this role
You will curate bespoke reports and manage projects of our clients like Publicis, Sony, Li & Fung, Nissin Foods, Longchamp, Philip Morris, NBA, Louis Vuitton and many more. You will be responsible for gathering, structuring and analyzing media data from various media outlets across traditional and social media channels, interpreting this data and drawing recommendations on key stories impacting our clients. Your work will be influencing clients’ business on various levels including their long-term strategies as well as short-term decision making.
Internally, you will be closely working with the sales team to identify clients’ needs and provide best in class service to ensure clients well understand their “Outside Insights”. From tracking impact and sentiment analysis in real time to digging out insights of the competitors’ online footprint, we help our clients to grab the bigger picture of their industry as a whole.
What you will be doing?
- Service Meltwater clients in achieving their media monitoring goals
- Responsibilities include media monitoring, media data analytics, deep diving into competitor landscape analysis, brand audit reports, consumer insights reports, campaign performance reports, tracking media exposure and volume, etc
- Be the subject matter expert about the inner workings of mainstream and social media landscape, and media measurement KPIs
- Share and contribute best practices in quantitative and qualitative reporting techniques
- Analyze mainstream media and social media content to draw meaningful insights which help with furthering our clients’ strategic goals
- Utilize our Meltwater proprietary software, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other analytics tools (SQL, Tableau) extensively, to cover end-to-end process of pulling out raw data, analysing and extracting insights, and delivering reports in a digestible format to clients
- Play an integral role of working cohesively with the team to ensure all deliverable and tasks are completed in good quality and well within deadlines
- Work extensively with Client Success team to assist in on-boarding training, customers’ need analysis and enhancing the customer satisfaction
- Nurture and strengthen client’s understand of the social media space and their brand’s performance
- Keep track of latest social measurement trends and industry trends
- Brainstorm and strategize ways to evolve and improve report quality and objectives, catering to clients’ changing requirements or feedback
What we would like to see from you
- University Degree in Communication, Media, Business Analysis, Marketing, Public Relations or Business related majors.
- Strong analytical skills and logical thinking - ability to translate data into actionable insights, uncover correlations and ask “What does this mean?” to the data
- Strong critical thinking - ability to look at the numbers, articles/social media posts, and come to conclusions based on the findings
- Good command of writing skills in and English and Chinese, with experience in both qualitative and quantitative reporting would be considered as an asset
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, Vlookup, etc
- Passionate about social media data and mainstream media content
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and always able to complete tasks independently within demanding schedules
- Team player, innovative and proactive to make contributions to team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ready to take new challenges
- Experience with VBA, Python, Tableau, SPSS or R (programming language) is an asset
The perks of working with us!
- Competitive salary package - Base salary and bonus
- 20 paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Social Insurance
- Commercial health insurance
- Holiday benefits
- Free drinks and snack in the office
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Various learning and development opportunities eg. oversea conference, skillset development training, online training, expert sharing session, business cases sharing session
- Regular company subsidized cultural events eg. team dinner, drinks, offsite events, health and wellness class in office, closing day celebration
- And more…