If you are .....
- Curious about how the news and online social media data can shape the business, PR, Communication and Marketing strategy?
- Interested to learn how to use our powerful tools to gain useful insights and solve our clients’ critical business issues - brand, communications, innovation & strategy?
- Interested in a fast-track career path into management level and working in a young, fun, cooperative team with a growth mindset?
Then keep reading…
Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as a great place to work for talents globally. We have won several Top Employer awards worldwide and most recently been accredited as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. MEST has invested over $20million into training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and invested in over 50 early stage tech startups. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones.
Meet with the team
The Client Insight team of Meltwater plays a vital role that helps our clients see the outside insights of their media performance. By leveraging multi-channel datasets, CI team focus on unveiling media insights in the market where our clients are operating. We deliver intelligence reports based on holistic views from different media outlets. We also help to analyze media impacts, draw out brand trends, monitor competitors and showcase the results to clients for an integrated media strategy. We are proud of ourselves for being a partner to grow with our clients’ business.
About Our Program
This Shanghai based graduate program is designed to equip you with the research and analysis knowledge needed to thrive in the cutting edge PR and marketing analytics business. The ultimate goal is to launch you towards a career as one of the experts in media insights & analytics, empowering our clients by using media data to inform their branding, marketing, PR and business decisions. You will have the invaluable opportunity to work with a plethora of clients across numerous industries, for instance, Publicis, Sony, Li & Fung, Nissin Foods, Longchamp, Philip Morris, NBA, Louis Vuitton and many more.
What will we provide?
Structured and extensive training - Ensure you are highly developed professionally and personally
- 1on1 check-in and goal setting session with your manager
- Mentoring program
- On the job training
- Upskilling webinars, monthly sharing session and regular industry knowledge training
- Monthly closing day celebration and fun team building activities
Fast Track Career Development - You own it, you decide it
The career path at Meltwater is competitive, your career growth is completely determined by your learning ability, performance and leadership qualities. You will be assigned to the Client Insight or Key Account Insight team based on your strengths, technical skill set, language skills and business needs. There is an opportunity for top achievers to rotate through different commercial functions throughout the time with us.
- Media Analyst (1st Year): Develop in-depth knowledge of the product, media landscape, industry and insight research techniques. Exposed to all kinds of insight projects and client meetings. Handle a full cycle of insight research process.
- Senior Media Analyst (2nd - 3rd Year): Lead our larger and challenging insight projects. Provide strategic and consultative guidance to clients. Build relationships with clients through day to day interaction. Coach junior team members on personal and professional development.
- Project Lead/Implementation Manager (4th Year+): Hire, inspire, coach and motivate a team of Analysts to work on ranges of complex and important insight projects. Develop new ways of analyzing, integrating, visualizing and presenting media data.
There is an opportunity for top achievers to rotate through different commercial functions throughout the time with us.
What you will be doing?
- Service Meltwater clients in achieving their media monitoring goals
- Responsibilities include media monitoring, media data analytics, deep diving into competitor landscape analysis, brand audit reports, consumer insights reports, campaign performance reports, tracking media exposure and volume, etc
- Be the subject matter expert about the inner workings of mainstream and social media landscape, and media measurement KPIs
- Share and contribute best practices in quantitative and qualitative reporting techniques
- Analyze mainstream media and social media content to draw meaningful insights which help with furthering our clients’ strategic goals
- Utilize our Meltwater proprietary software, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint extensively, to cover end-to-end process of pulling out raw data, analysing and extracting insights, and delivering reports in a digestible format to clients
- Play an integral role of working cohesively with the team to ensure all deliverables and tasks are completed in good quality and well within deadlines
- Work extensively with Client Success team to assist in on-boarding training, customers’ need analysis and enhancing the customer satisfaction
- Nurture and strengthen client’s understand of the social media space and their brand’s performance
- Keep track of market trends and staying abreast in the digital market arena
- Brainstorm and strategize ways to evolve and improve report quality and objectives, catering to clients’ changing requirements or feedback
We would love to see…
- University Degree in Communication, Media, Business Analysis, Marketing, Public Relations or Business related majors. International experience would be a plus
- Strong analytical skills and logical thinking - ability to translate data into actionable insights, uncover correlations and ask “What does this mean?” to the data
- Strong critical thinking - ability to look at the numbers, articles/social media posts, and come to conclusions based on the findings
- Good writing skills, with experience in both qualitative and quantitative reporting would be considered as an asset
- Strong communication skills with ability to communicate with a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
- Fluency in English & Mandarin (spoken and written)
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, Vlookup, etc
- Passionate about social media data and mainstream media content
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and always able to complete tasks independently within demanding schedules
- Team player, innovative and proactive to make contributions to team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ready to take new challenges
- Experience with VBA, Python, Tableau, SPSS or R (programming language) is an asset
- Eligible to live and work in Shanghai China
The perks of working with us!
- Awesome coworkers
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Fun team outings
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- Get the real responsibilities from DAY 1!
- Learn how business run in the digital age
- Develop valuable skills such as learning to work towards important metrics
- Immerse yourself in the cutting edge social media intelligence technology
- And more…