Solutions Engineer: Bengaluru
Meltwater Bengaluru has moved to a fancy big space on Richmond Road and guess what? We are hiring!
Meltwater is focussed on building a Professional Services and Solutions Engineering team to provide our enterprise customers with the highest quality solutions tailored to their own specific needs.
We are looking for a full stack developers to join our Solutions Engineering team in Bengaluru. In this exciting role you will have an immediate impact on the Meltwater customer base.
The solutions we build are fully web-based and offered as a service. The technology portfolio ranges from Angular in the frontend, Node.js in the backend, powered by MySQL/PostgreSQL/MongoDB, ElasticSearch and Kafka.
Our applications are deployed on cloud solutions such as AWS and MongoDB Atlas and we take great pride in the DevOps mindset and skills that allow us to manage all of these resources as a team.
- Design, build and deliver tailored, best-fit solutions for enterprise clients of Meltwater
- Be involved in interpreting requirements, composing, implementing and integrating User Stories
- Define Unit and Integration Tests for the client solutions
- Use Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery model for deploying application
- Troubleshoot issues or bugs identified in solutions
- Support product development activities through understanding and communication of end user needs and requirements, product testing, proof of concept development and new product build/deployment.
- Interface and collaborate with other Engineering, Product, Support and Customer Success missions in Meltwater to build solutions aligned with the overall Meltwater vision.
- Design and develop Mock Ups or Proof of Concepts from high level requirements.
- Assist with technical demonstrations, both internally and to the client to showcase POCs or products developed.
- Document project details to both handover internally and also onboard clients seamlessly.
- Actively participate in knowledge sharing sessions.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- 1-2 years of experience in customer-solution / consultative role, with a focus on understanding customer needs and solution development.
- Knowledge of frontend technologies (HTML/CSS/JS). More specifically we use Angular-Material, SCSS, TypeScript
- Good verbal and written communication skills – ability to interact with other Engineering functions, Sales and clients.
- Good technical presentation skills.
- A strong analytical thinker with the ability to identify user stories based on requirements and technically implement them
- Ability to handle multiple projects - Comfortable working within a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Strong documentation skills
- CX / UI Skills and design – understanding of what makes a strong solution an attractive, useable and “sticky” solution
- Knowledge of at least one of Node JS, Angular JS, Angular, Typescript or similar.
- Experience with Mongo/MySQL/PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch
- Exposure to AWS concepts, Drone, Terraform, Kubernetes is desirable
- Also desirable - experience working with social data and social applications such as Twitter API, Facebook pages etc
- Experience with continuous integration would be beneficial.
- Ability to accommodate possible travel, including internationally.
- A degree in computer science or a comparable qualification
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS;
- Experience with building and running applications in production
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to technical problems