Founded in 2001, headquartered in San Francisco, Meltwater is the global leading AI-powered media monitoring, social listening & PR Analytics software. Our mission is to help companies make better and more informed decisions. With over 2000 employees and 55 offices globally, we help over 30,000 companies to stay on top of billions of online conversations, extract valuable data, and consult our clients to transform their businesses in this new digital reality.
Meltwater is recognized as a great place to work for talents globally. We have won several Top Employer awards worldwide and most recently been accredited as “Asia's Best Multinational Workplaces”, “Best Companies to Work For in Hong Kong”, “Best Companies to Work For in Greater China” by Great Place to Work™.
Meltwater operates the Meltwater Entrepreneurial School of Technology (MEST), a nonprofit organization devoted to nurturing future generations of entrepreneurs. MEST has invested over $20million into training 400+ individual entrepreneurs and invested in over 50 early stage tech startups. Learn more about us on https://www.meltwater.com/ and https://outsideinsight.com/
Our culture is based on a fundamental belief in people and the potential they possess.
- We create a fun, ambitious, collaborative and international working environment where everyone is driven by a growth mindset
- We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit - we organically built our business by developing our own leadership and nurturing talent
- We celebrate our victories but don’t rest on old laurels —whether in reaching personal goals or corporate milestones.
Meet with the team
The Key Account Management team works closely with our most important clients across the region, including identifying and understanding business goals, coaching and counseling clients on what the goals should be and how to achieve them. We are aiming to provide actionable insights for our clients by using Meltwater solutions. We are a team of senior leaders across the business who are proud to be our clients’ trusted business partner.
About this role
As a Key Account Associate, you will be at the cutting edge of the media intelligence space by driving strategy and widespread product adoption among a small portfolio of our high yield and high potential clients. You will challenge existing norms within our industry and act not only as an expert in Meltwater's product set, but as an extension of our clients communication and marketing teams. You will be a part of Meltwater's growing account management team, a group of our most highly skilled and most engaging employees. Measures of success include client relationship development, client satisfaction and retention levels, and contribution to the overall sales team.
What you will be doing?
- Work with key account managers on managing a high yield and high potential enterprise client portfolio (varies from 1-2 million USD) to make sure they are achieving their desired outcomes are educated on best practices, renew, and expand their contracts
- Guide customers through onboarding, implementation, account management and learn how to do renewals at Meltwater.
- Build positive, strong, long-lasting relationships with top decision-makers at C-levels and functional levels through customer engagement with numerous product offerings to increase value and drive market share
- Anticipates customer needs and adapts strategic plans in order to achieve mutually beneficial long-term objectives and goals
- Work with various BU's within Meltwater to drive revenue opportunities with the client.
- Leverage internal resources and business partners to provide solutions to customers’ challenges
- Inform and drive knowledge by challenging the status quo across traditional and social channels
- Know Meltwater and enterprise solutions inside out, demonstrates a mastery of Meltwater products and solutions.
- Be an expert on account management. Understand how to set, manage and exceed expectations with clients.
- Understands the media intelligence competitive landscape
What we would like to see from you
- BA degree, or equivalent
- At least 1-4 years of relevant work experience in management consulting, corporate banking or business-to-business (B2B) solution selling environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin (mandatory)
- Ability to internalize Meltwater value proposition to communicate and customize it effectively
- Ability to develop a strong relationship at operational and executive levels
- Ability to remain calm in an ambiguous, fast-paced work environment and to demonstrate thoughtful leadership in assessing problems/opportunities and recommending an approach to solving problems and pursuing opportunities.
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Strong passion for exceeding customer expectations
- Hunger to learn and improve
Meltwater offers a very competitive compensation plan with accelerating commissions and tremendous upside earnings potential that has no cap.
The perks of working with us!
- Awesome coworkers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Prizes, spiffs, and additional sales incentives
- 20 paid holidays
- Training program, conference, seminar for your personal and professional growth
- Comprehensive Medical insurance for you
- Business travel life insurance
- Fun, ambitious and international working environment
- Gym Allowance
- Fun team outings
- Well stocked kitchen with lots of snacks and drinks
- And more…