Meltano is an open source DataOps platform that brings together best-in-class open source tools and technologies for the data lifecycle, including the Singer standard for data integration and its library of over 200 connectors, dbt for transformation, Airflow for orchestration, and soon Superset for visualization. It simplifies configuration, deployment, and monitoring, and lets data teams benefit from DevOps best practices such as version control, code review, and CI/CD.
Built on Open Source, Meltano works alongside its community of over 1400 data professionals at startups, global enterprises, and consultancies to build the next generation of data infrastructure and support a large ecosystem of open source connectors. There are thousands of active Meltano projects in use today by organizations such as Netlify and GitLab.
As Head of Partnerships, you will build and nourish relationships with different types of partners in the Meltano and open source data tooling ecosystems. Uniquely, this includes both product integrations and (to a lesser extent) channels/alliances:
- Maintainers and vendors of (open source) data tools and technologies that Meltano can integrate in its end-to-end DataOps platform, like dbt, Superset, Dagster, and Great Expectations. They will benefit from Meltano making their tools more accessible and easier to integrate with other tools in the modern data stack.
- Data consultancies that implement Meltano at clients, train their engineers using our Academy material, build and maintain custom Singer connectors, and contribute back to Meltano and the SDK to build their own ideal data tooling with us. They will become a significant driver of customers towards our eventual managed SaaS offering.
- Maintainers of and contributors to Singer connectors, including consultancies, developers of data products, data teams at various companies, and SaaS vendors maintaining their own official connectors. With our guidance and incentive structure, they will build out the largest and most reliable library of data connectors in the world, and further establish Singer as the de-facto open standard for data connectors.
You will build out and lead the Partnerships team as the company grows. You will collaborate closely with our Marketing, Community, and Product teams, as well as our future Sales team.
Role Skills needed:
- Partnerships experience in a SaaS, open source, and/or consulting context required
- Background in product management and/or solutions architecture preferred
- Familiarity with the modern (open source) data stack
- Familiarity with software development best practices, DevOps, and DataOps
- Technical credibility to allow low-level discussion with data engineers and open source contributors and maintainers
- Strong communication skills to allow high-level discussion with non-technical stakeholders
- Effective interpersonal skills in both business and technical situations
- Passion for open source and community engagement
- Experience in a startup or small environment preferred
- Sales/channels/alliances experience is nice to have but not required
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited PTO (and regular reminders to take it!)
- Professional Development Support and Budget
- Remote Working
- Reimbursable coworking fees and external office space
- Budget for Office equipment and workspace supplies
- Team Offsites
- Access to world class founders, investors and mentors
- Work transparently