Minimum qualifications to apply this role:
- 7+ years of professional experience as a software engineer with frontend and backend development.
- Excellent knowledge of React, AWS and nodeJS.
- A deep understanding of production systems and the architecture of web products.
- Independent, fast learner and excited about learning new technologies.
- Proactive team player with a desire to impact our team, our product and our customers.
- Excellent knowledge of typescript/html5/CSS.
Preferred qualifications (If you have those, we see it as advantage, but it's not a must)
- Mentored and developed other engineers throughout the years
- Previous management experience
How your day is going to look, what you will be doing?
- Initiate improvements to architecture and infrastructure.
- Teach the team new technologies and better practices.
- Be an active member in designing the engineering roadmap.
- Your effort and attention will split between creating and promoting an engineering plan, and actively driving the professional growth of the team’s engineers.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
With offices in New York, Denver, and Tel Aviv, and a vibrant work culture, Melio is expanding every single day. We are a diverse group of people who love what we do and do what we love. If you are a driven and passionate team player, you will fit right in. We are an equal-opportunity employer and are always on the lookout for top-notch talent—please reach out if you would like to join us on this exciting journey!
About the hiring department:
The Engineering department is the backbone of Melio. We provide consultation, support and designs for technical solutions—supporting our customers and the entire organization. We get involved from the early stage of a project, making the connection between customer needs, our product design, and then translating these into solutions.
What’s our stack?
In Melio, we are all in with AWS Serverless. Meaning all our services are managed by AWS and our infrastructure is deployed using SAM CLI built over CloudFormation.
Serverless gives us the freedom to build, scale and deploy applications faster than ever. We combine the usage of relational and document DBS, write mainly in TypeScript and Python for consistency and ability to share resources.
As part of an engineering team within a fintech company, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a real impact on Melio, its product, our users and help the company scale.
Read more about our Engineering department tech blog.