Minimum qualifications to apply this role:
- 5+ years of experience in data and backend engineering.
- Strong knowledge of data architecture, data schematizing and ETL processes.
- Experience with cloud-based data infrastructure, such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Data Warehouse technologies such as Snowflake and BigQuery.
- Experience working with Python.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Preferred qualifications (If you have those, we see it as advantage, but it's not a must)
- Experience working with Typescript is a plus.
- Experience building infrastructure for Machine Learning is a big plus.
- Experience administering and managing Apache Spark clusters is a plus.
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka and Amazon Kinesis is a big plus.
- Experience working with serverless products such as AWS Lambda is a plus.
How your day is going to look, what you will be doing?
We’re looking for an experienced and skilled Senior Engineer for our Data Infrastructure team. As the company is fastly growing, the mission of the data infrastructure team is to ensure the company can manage data at scale efficiently and seamlessly through robust and reliable data infrastructure. As a senior engineer you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining various data services to enable internal teams to process, store, orchestrate and consume data effectively.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data and backend engineering and a track record of designing and implementing scalable data solutions. The Data Infrastructure Engineer will collaborate closely with software engineers, data scientists, data engineers and other stakeholders to understand requirements, design solutions and implement data-related features and functionalities.
- Design and build data storage, processing, and access systems that are scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Design and implement data pipelines, data warehousing and data architecture to support our business needs.
- Design and implement CI/CD processes for training, releasing, serving and monitoring machine learning models.
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate data and machine learning models into our products and services.
- Ensure that our data systems are compliant with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
With offices in New York, Denver, and Tel Aviv, and a vibrant work culture, Melio is expanding every single day. We are a diverse group of people who love what we do and do what we love. If you are a driven and passionate team player, you will fit right in. We are an equal-opportunity employer and are always on the lookout for top-notch talent—please reach out if you would like to join us on this exciting journey!
About the hiring department:
The Engineering department is the backbone of Melio. We provide consultation, support and designs for technical solutions—supporting our customers and the entire organization. We get involved from the early stage of a project, making the connection between customer needs, our product design, and then translating these into solutions.
Read more about our Engineering department tech