Minimum qualifications to apply this role:
- 6+ years of experience in data and backend engineering, with at least 2 years in a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge of data architecture, data schematizing and ETL processes
- Experience with cloud-based data infrastructure, such as AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with Data Warehouse technologies such as Snowflake and BigQuery.
- Experience working with Python.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Preferred qualifications (If you have those, we see it as advantage, but it's not a must)
- Experience working with Typescript
- Experience administering and managing Apache Spark clusters
- Experience working with serverless products such as AWS Lambda
- Experience with streaming technologies such as Apache Kafka and Amazon Kinesis
- Experience building infrastructure for Machine Learning
How your day is going to look, what you will be doing?
We’re looking for an experienced and skilled Team Lead to lead our Data Infrastructure team. As the company is fastly growing, the mission of the data infrastructure team is to ensure the company can manage data at scale efficiently and seamlessly through robust and reliable data infrastructure
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data and backend engineering, along with extensive experience in recruiting, managing, and mentoring a team of data professionals. Additionally, a proven track record of designing and implementing scalable data solutions.
- Manage a team of data and backend engineers, including recruiting, mentoring, and performance management.
- Design and implement data pipelines, data warehousing, and data architecture to support our business needs.
- Ensure that our data systems are compliant with regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate data and machine learning models into our products and services.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company to understand data requirements and ensure that our data infrastructure supports business goals.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and emerging technologies in data engineering, and make recommendations for improvements to our data infrastructure.
Melio builds business-to-business (B2B) payment tools so small business owners can spend less time in the back office and more time on their craft. As the fastest-growing B2B payment platform in the US, Melio is working hard to find new and better ways to help small businesses succeed in the ways that work best for them.
With offices in New York, Denver, and Tel Aviv, and a vibrant work culture, Melio is expanding every single day. We are a diverse group of people who love what we do and do what we love. If you are a driven and passionate team player, you will fit right in. We are an equal-opportunity employer and are always on the lookout for top-notch talent—please reach out if you would like to join us on this exciting journey!
About the hiring department:
The Engineering department is the backbone of Melio. We provide consultation, support and designs for technical solutions—supporting our customers and the entire organization. We get involved from the early stage of a project, making the connection between customer needs, our product design, and then translating these into solutions.
Read more about our Engineering department tech