Melio is a TLV-based Fintech startup (and tech Unicorn!) that enables small businesses in the US to pay their bills in more efficient ways. This improves their finances and frees them up to focus more on managing the businesses they love. With our unique approach to small business payments, we’re the fastest-growing payment solution in the United States.
What makes Melio unique?
Well, we’ve made B2B payments as simple as P2P payment apps. Currently, 42% of business payments in the US are made by check… yikes!
Melio Platform - Backend
Melio Platform - Backend is responsible for the specification, design and implementation of the infrastructure upon which Melio’s backend services are built, and exposed to external parties.
This includes development and maintenance of libraries, utilities, services and workflow principals that can be used by engineers in Melio.
How you’ll make an impact
As a team leader in the Platform Backend team, you will:
- Build, train, lead and grow a brand new team of engineers, hand-picking the right people for the job.
- Define the scope and mission of the platform from its current early stage.
- Combine technical requirements and challenges from other teams in the company, and use them to design the most suitable architecture and solutions.
- Lead the team’s roadmap and workflow, by adopting best practices and fulfill business and product requirements.
- Develop (hands-on) the platform’s components.
- Continuously improve the software engineering skills of your team, research new technologies with emphasis on quality, scalability, performance, and developer experience.
What we’d love to see
- At least 3 years of experience leading and growing engineering teams
- Solid technical background in software engineering, architecture and design
- Proven ability to coach and mentor engineers
- Experience with modern architectures and running cloud-based production environments
- Understanding of real-life developer experience aspects, and know-how of delivering tools for other engineers
- Demonstrated success in building a strong and open culture
- An excellent collaborator with great communication skills, who can lead others both formally and informally
If you’re still nodding your head in agreement and this seems like a good fit, don’t hesitate to reach out—we’re looking for you!