Melio is a TLV-based Fintech startup (and tech Unicorn!) that enables small businesses in the US to pay their bills in more efficient ways. This improves their finances and frees them up to focus more on managing the businesses they love. With our unique approach to small business payments, we're the fastest-growing payment solution in the United States.
What makes Melio unique?
Well, we've made B2B payments as simple as P2P payment apps. Currently, 42% of business payments in the US are made by check… yikes!
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will join our DevOps team that is passionate about getting to the bottom of the products’ needs, finding and implementing the best possible solutions, and empowering our engineering teams to move fast and deliver stable, secure and high-quality products. You will have the drive to make sure that all the infrastructure is at its best from all aspects, from security to code delivery, in our almost completely serverless environment.
Our team doesn’t chase buzzwords and the solutions we choose are purely based on our needs. As such we are looking for someone who is driven to find the best solution, regardless of what all the other companies are doing, and most of the time be the first one to do something in a certain way.
We aspire to be as serverless as possible and heavily use lambda functions, as well other AWS services such as SQS, SNS, CloudFormation SAM and RDS.
You’ll Make An Impact On
- Code delivery - CI/CD process. Making sure it’s as efficient as possible.
- Monitoring and visibility of our product’s alerts and metrics.
- Security - we believe that Sec is an integral part of the DevOps methodology and you’ll need to be aware of it in any decision you make.
- Infrastructure, entirely. Databases, lambda functions, 3rd party products etc.
- You will work closely with the engineering teams to empower them and provide them with guidance and seek to continuously improve processes across R&D.
What We’d Love To See
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or relevant position.
- Significant experience working with AWS (preferred) or other cloud platforms.
- Current understanding of best practices for system security measures.
- Experience with Terraform, CouldFormation, or equivalent solutions.
- Experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications.
- Experience working together with multiple teams from different departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
- A deep understanding of production systems and scalable architecture.
- Independent, fast learner and excited about learning new technologies.
- Proactive team player with a desire to impact our team, our product and our customers.
If you’re still nodding your head in agreement and you’re thrilled with the fact that you don’t have to deal with Kubernetes, don’t hesitate to reach out—we’re looking for you!