Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We’re looking for a content strategist with a background in UX writing to help define the customer experience on Meetup. This position requires precise attention to language, familiarity with product design and development, and the ability to explain both high-level strategic decisions as well as granular word choices to writers and non-writers alike. Please note that this is not a marketing or social media role.
Content strategists at Meetup are instrumental in ensuring that the stories and messages we convey in the product are compelling, clear, and consistent. As a content strategist, you’ll bring a holistic approach to defining how we communicate with our audience, advocating for the customer every step of the way. You'll apply your creativity and critical thinking to build value for both the business and the user. And you’ll be part of a small but growing content strategy practice at Meetup, shaping how we engage with our community every day.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with product managers and designers to co-create or iterate on content, ensuring that we deliver a good end-to-end experience in every user flow
- Plan, write, and document product content that creates alignment between project objectives, best practices for writing and usability, and brand voice
- Evaluate and improve our content and UX through taxonomy and IA development as well as content audits, gap analysis, and user research
- Collaborate with designers and researchers to identify and resolve inconsistencies and surface opportunities in our core user flows
- Work with other content strategists and content creators to bring coherence and consistency to writing efforts across teams
- Participate in critiques, work sessions, and user interviews to strengthen our understanding of how to address user needs and develop our brand
- Help evolve UX writing guidelines and resources to scale our content governance efforts
- Help create strategies and processes that better enable content development across our platforms, accounting for localization, accessibility, and policy issues
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of product experience as a content strategist or UX writer, working both independently and cross-functionally on product/tech teams
- A portfolio with samples of product, UX, email, and mobile app content, including microcopy and push notifications
- Ability to translate ideas into jargon-free, thoughtful, and concise copy
- Exceptional attention to details (like punctuation and spelling)
- Collaborative work style that allows you to write evolving content to deadline, with a high tolerance for ambiguity and change
- A healthy dose of self-discipline to edit your own work and prioritize competing projects
- Familiarity with content issues relating to localization, accessibility, inclusion, and privacy
- Sensitivity to the relationship between copy, information hierarchy, graphic design, and typography
- Ability to present findings, recommendations, and decisions in a clear and articulate manner, both in writing and in person
- Curiosity, independence, humility, and a sense of humor
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in? Tell us your story and send us your portfolio.