MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
Our small, courageous team is building the future we want to live in. A future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
About the role
MeetElise’s Analytics team is devoted to driving data-driven decision making across the company. You’ll work with stakeholders making the big choices that drive our growth for years to come, and perform the analysis that identifies strategic opportunities for us.
Our Business and Operations analysts are key partners of the Sales and Ops teams. They create a deep understanding of how we sell to our customers, where we produce value, and where we can unblock our growth. They make sure the team has the right metrics, supporting data and insights to measure operational effectiveness and drive key decision making.
As a Business and Operations Analyst you get to use your quantitative skill set, obsession, empathy towards customers and collaborative spirit to provide data driven insights that unlock new opportunities to take our business to the next level. You’ll use data to answer difficult questions and come up with interesting insights into our clients, sales, and market position.
- Refine ambiguous questions into ones that can be clearly answered using the right data
- Generate new hypotheses about our operations through a deep understanding of the data, our customers, and our business
- Define how our teams measure success, by developing Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics, in close partnership with Product and other subject areas such as engineering, operations and marketing
- Collaborate with data scientists and engineers to build and improve on the availability, integrity, accuracy, and reliability of data logging and data pipelines.
- Develop data-driven business insights and work with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities and recommend prioritization of product, growth, and optimization initiatives.
- Create and maintain Sales and Ops team KPIs and dashboards
- Ensure that data about our clients, their performance, and our revenue are clean and easily available
- Understand the levers that help us grow our business by analyzing data related to sales, client experience, and ideal customer profile
- Support executive decision making through cross-team data and insights
- Degrees in Math, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, Operation Research, Machine Learning or other quantitative field
- 2+ years industry experience in an analytics focused role
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- Ability to communicate effectively and manage relationships with partners coming from both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Ability and experience in extracting insights from data, and summarizing learnings / takeaways
- Experience with dashboarding/data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Mixpanel, Looker, or similar)
- Basic understanding of experimental design (such as A/B experiments) and statistical methods
- Entrepreneurial; gritty, ‘roll-up-your sleeves’ attitude
- Action-orientated with the ability to influence others
- Self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach
- Ego free
- Direct and clear communicator
Growth and impact.
You’ll be learning by constantly shipping product, measuring its impact and refining through data.
You’ll work with top data scientists to help hone and grow your analytical skills.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling.
Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Top market salary and stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.