MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
Our small, courageous team is building the future we want to live in. A future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer, you are responsible for the design of digitally enabled products and services. You will use a broad skill set across interaction and visual design domains to work on holistic design solutions, from early-stage idea generation to detailed designs of features and user stories in a digital product.
As a Lead on our Client Experience, you are expected to represent depth in the craft of experience design. You will often be the backbone of your projects from beginning to end. You will plan, prioritize, and deliver experience design activities, in the context of interdisciplinary projects. You will lead client conversations within your domain, providing articulate recommendations and helping guide choices. You will have opportunities to lead projects and contribute to business development.
- Drive design efforts in complex, multi-partner ecosystems, end to end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond
- Champion visual frameworks – like design systems, journey maps, ecosystem maps – bring clarity to complex challenges in human behaviors, relationships, workflow and processes, and drive decision making
- Drive contribution and alignment from multiple stakeholders, whether clients, third-party or larger ecosystem players
- Build wireframes, prototypes, and visual designs based on this framework
- Utilize experience prototyping techniques, test and validate designs and to convey value propositions
- Outline and showcase details of interaction and motion design
- Work with product managers to define requirements and translate them to designs
- Partner with our UX research team to better understand the needs of our customers.
- Partner closely with engineers to understand technology capabilities, build your outstanding designs, and achieve a high quality shipped product
- Ship, measure, and improve your designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback
- 5+ years of professional UX design experience
- Deep knowledge and track record of building products for mobile and desktop
- Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
- Confident in showcasing designs to multi-disciplinary teams
- Interest in qualitative and quantitative data to ground key design decisions in real data
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods like Figma
- Passion for creating services that meet people’s functional and emotional needs
- Business level ability in English
Bonus if you have
- A university degree in a relevant design, business, or technology discipline
- Experience working in a variety of organizations (start-up, corporate, agency/consultancy)
- An owner's attitude. You empower engineers to get the fit and finish right, and you translate insights from user studies into meaningful action
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment with the ability to prioritize projects concurrently
- Expertise at developing and conveying ideas clearly in written and visual format - making business concepts and data visually engaging
As part of your application, please include a link or PDF of your portfolio of recent work, highlighting your abilities and experience relevant to the role, with specific examples of how you work, think, collaborate, and contribute to great design outcomes. Please note that we are unable to accept any applications without a portfolio.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Top market salary and stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.