MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
Our small, courageous team is building the future we want to live in. A future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
About the role
Product management ties our strategic business goals to our technology roadmap. Our product managers focus on applying innovative technology to make the residential real estate industry scalable with the ultimate goal of solving the housing crisis.
Our product teams are fully cross-functional with representation from engineering, design, product analytics, product operations, data science, product marketing and other functional areas as needed.
Product managers guide the success of MeetElise’s products by working through this cross-functional team to understand the needs of our customers, craft a product vision and strategy that addresses those needs and execute that strategy successfully.
Product managers must clearly articulate the business value of key roadmap and product decision to the product team so that they understand the intent behind a new product or feature.
They take ownership over their roadmap and prioritize building what matters most to achieve the strategic goals and initiatives of the company. Product managers hold themselves and the team accountable for the successful delivery of key business outcomes.
You will be supported by our Head of Product and our CEO and Cofounder (Minna Song, MIT).
- Collaborate with the sales, client success, and engineering teams to create a clear product strategy and roadmap that is mission and market-driven
- Clearly communicate our product goals to keep everyone focused on the work that matters the most
- Develop and meticulously maintain the product roadmap for your team
- Build product requirements documents that crisply articulate the business case, product vision and detailed product specifications to ensure the whole team is moving together in the same direction
- Collect ideas from others and develop a framework to help understand whether they will help us achieve short term and long term goals
- A proven track record of delivering software products that achieve significant business impact
- Demonstrated success leading a cross-functional product team
- Ability to attract and retain exceptional talent across multiple functional areas
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to balance key decisions by taking into account our vision, goals, and initiatives as well as our design and engineering resources and customer feedback.
- Interest in MeetElise’s users, product and industry, along with a commitment to understanding and evangelizing the 'what' and 'why' of the business and product priorities to all departments
- Entrepreneurial; gritty, ‘roll-up-your sleeves’ attitude
- Action-orientated with the ability to influence others
- Self-starter mentality, yet a team player with a collaborative approach
- Ego free
- Direct, clear and proactive communicator
Growth and impact.
You’ll be learning by constantly shipping products, measuring its impact and refining through data.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling.
Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Top market salary and stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.