MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
Our small, courageous team is building the future we want to live in. A future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
About the role
MeetElise is growing quickly and you will define our data architecture and integration with ML Ops, a young and still developing field that is critical for innovative AI. You will work closely with the software development and automation teams, designing and building out the infrastructure for 24/7 service for our first million apartments and beyond. You will have a huge impact on a product used by thousands of people a day.
- Build, deploy, and maintain robust production data pipelines and infrastructure around the core machine learning components that power MeetElise.
- Innovate and re-define what Data Engineering means in the context of a core AI product.
- Help us leverage automated testing and continuous integration / continuous delivery in order to rapidly iterate on our product.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is driven and excited to join a highly productive team composed of engineers and scientists at a fast-growing startup
- Has 1+ years industry engineering experience building production-quality data pipelines using Python, Java, SQL, spark, or similar
- Has experience using cloud environments like AWS or Azure
- Has Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or another quantitative field
- Is fluent in Linux/Unix
- Existing experience with or interest in machine learning or ML Ops
- Experience designing, building, and monitoring cloud data infrastructure
- DevOps experience, especially Terraform and CI/CD tooling (CircleCI, Jenkins, etc)
- Experience working directly with data science/machine learning teams to build data products
Impact. As a leader in a small team, you will have the opportunity to really move the needle on our growth.
You’ll be learning and shipping constantly.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Top of the market salary and stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover $5,000 of relocation from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.