MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
We use machine learning and natural language processing to create a realistic conversational experience for renters.
Our AI leasing agent named Elise converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. Elise answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
Our customers already include some of the largest apartment management companies in the U.S.
MeetElise is a residential housing tech startup and is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors and customers. We have just closed a Series A round, with $9M in total funding for the company.
Technical founders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
About the role
MeetElise is growing quickly and you’ll be using our data deriving insights that drive product strategy. You will work closely with the software development and automation teams, designing and building out the infrastructure for 24/7 service for our first million apartments and beyond. You will have a huge impact on a product used by thousands of people a day.
What you'll do
- Build our core conversational AI that automates the leasing process and helps our customers operate their apartment communities more efficiently.
- Develop new features that increase value for our customers.
- Design meaningful improvements to our ML Ops and data infrastructure
- Propose meaningful improvements to our software architecture and design patterns.
- Research and publish innovative approaches to conversational AI
We’re looking for someone who
- Is driven and excited to join a highly productive team composed of engineers and scientists at a fast-growing startup
- Has 2+ years of coding experience in Python or another language
- Has hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks such as Pytorch or TensorFlow
- Has strong fundamentals in machine learning and statistics evidenced by a track record of independent quantitative research (academic or industry) or projects
- Has Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or a related quantitative field
Nice to haves include
- PHD in quantitative discipline such as computer science, physics, or similar
- Experience putting machine learning models into production
- Experience with natural language processing, especially conversational AI
- Linux/Unix experience
- Familiarity with AWS or similar cloud provider
Impact. As a leader in a small team, you will have the opportunity to really move the needle on our growth.
You’ll be learning and shipping constantly.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover $5,000 of relocation from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.