MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
Access to affordable housing isn’t just a problem - it’s a global crisis. An estimated seven million affordable and available rental homes are needed in just the US alone, and no amount of government spending or policy have proven to be effective solutions.
MeetElise uses machine learning to address the underlying cause preventing significant advancements in affordable housing: operational costs. By automating the leasing and management of apartment homes, we’re creating a new, low cost operating model that allows for the development of new housing at scale.
Our first product is an AI leasing agent named Elise that converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
MeetElise is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors, and customers and was started by technical cofounders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
Our small, courageous team is building the future we want to live in. A future where housing is affordable, powered by technology, and accessible to all.
About the role
MeetElise is growing quickly and you’ll be a Triage Engineer that will support growth to our first million apartments and beyond and help our customers fundamentally change their businesses.
Here are your core objectives:
Develop a deep understanding of our system and customer priorities
- How we onboard clients and translate their preferences into our system’s settings
- How our integrations work with clients email, calendar, CRM, and property management systems work
- How we process prospective renters’ messages and craft an appropriate response
- How our clients’ businesses work and what is all hands on deck important vs. can wait until Monday
Manage incident response
- Identify when we need to declare an incident
- Coordinate the Engineering and Client Success teams to investigate the issue, communicate to clients, resolve the issue, and recover
- Write post-mortem analysis and prioritize next steps to prevent similar issues from occurring
Prioritize, investigate, and resolve bugs
- Act as the central clearing house for issues that Client Success and Data Tagging can’t easily resolve
- Prioritize according to the impact on our clients and our operations
- Investigate the root cause using logs, gathering info from team members, vendors, and clients
- Resolve bugs if possible or write beautiful Jira bug tickets that provide engineers with all the info they need to efficiently fix bugs
Advise internal teams and clients
- Create documentation for how our system works and how to resolve common issues
- Advise Client Success and Data Tagging teams on how to modify our system to meet their goals
- Work with Client Success and clients to identify interim fixes for bugs
Develop tools to make you more effective
- Identify what takes you a long time or what data you need to do your job better
- Work with Product / Engineering to create and improve monitoring and investigation tools
- Write scripts / build tools using platforms like Retool
- Passion for digging into problems and constant improvement
- Ability to stay calm and prioritize under pressure
- 2+ years in Support or Triage Engineering, including writing bug tickets (e.g., in Jira) and interpreting logs (e.g., in Datadog)
- Experience reviewing code and writing complex SQL queries
- Experience with support software and CRMs (e.g., Zendesk, Salesforce)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
Nice to haves include
- Experience with Java and Python
- Experience in SaaS
- Experience in B2B startups
Growth and impact.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. That means that instead of following a playbook, you’ll be writing it. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
While you’ll be personally growing, you’ll also have an enormous impact on MeetElise and the housing industry. As one of our founding team members, you’ll have a seat at the table as we’re determining company strategy and creating the best customer experience.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Stock options
- Competitive salary
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.