MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
We use machine learning and natural language processing to create a realistic conversational experience for renters.
Our AI leasing agent named Elise converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. Elise answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
Our customers already include some of the largest apartment management companies in the U.S.
MeetElise is a residential housing tech startup and is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors and customers. We have just closed a Series A round, with $9M in total funding for the company.
Technical founders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
About the role
MeetElise is growing quickly and you’ll be using our data deriving insights that drive product strategy. You will work closely with the software development and automation teams, designing and building out the infrastructure for 24/7 service for our first million apartments and beyond. You will have a huge impact on a product used by thousands of people a day.
Here are your core objectives:
- Reveal strategic trends and identify market opportunities from natural language and email data.
- Work with and understand a variety of datasets.
- Collaborate with ML engineers to generate models to solve a specific task.
- Analyze models to validate whether they are solving the problem at hand.
Growth and impact.
You’ll be learning and shipping constantly.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
We recognize that data science and engineering is often learned “on the job,” so we’re not only looking for people whose resumes check all the boxes. We want someone who is hungry to dive in and learn, but who also values learning and teaching from others in a collaborative team environment.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is driven and excited to join a highly productive team composed of engineers and scientists at a fast-growing startup
- Can translate business needs into quantifiable problems, and apply statistical or machine learning models to solve them
- Has experience with Python and Pandas/NumPy
- Writes professional code that is maintainable and testable
- Works well in a collaborative environment
Nice to haves include
- Has 2+ years of coding experience in Python, Java, or another language
- Experience using AWS or another cloud service
- Familiarity with spark
- Comfortable using Linux/Unix
- PHD in a quantitative discipline such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, or similar
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Top of the market salary and stock options
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend
- Flexible working hours - we look at output, not hours.
We'll cover relocation packages from outside of the Greater NYC metro area - we'll make the move exciting, not painful.