MeetElise is on a mission to revolutionize the housing industry, with the ultimate goal of making good housing more accessible.
We use machine learning and natural language processing to create a realistic conversational experience for renters.
Our AI leasing agent named Elise converts 65% more prospective renters to residents than a human leasing agent. She answers questions and schedules tours 24/7 and is so human-like that renters say they’re “here to meet Elise” when they show up for a tour.
Our customers already include some of the largest apartment management companies in the U.S.
MeetElise is a residential housing tech startup and is well-funded by VCs, strategic real estate investors and customers. We have just closed a Series A round, with $9M in total funding for the company.
Technical founders from MIT and the University of Cambridge.
About the role
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Lead who can help establish recruiting at MeetElise. We are on track to grow from 30 people today to potentially 50+ this next year. As our first internal recruiter, you would be responsible for both establishing best practices going forward for identifying and recruiting the best talent, as well as helping us hire for various positions including software engineering and customer support. MeetElise is growing quickly, so the choices and standards you set will have a huge impact on our long term success.
You’ll report to our CEO Minna Song, and will be supported on the technical side by our CTO Tony Stoyanov. We are seeking to build an on-site, in-office team in New York City near Grand Central (after COVID).
Your role includes:
- Working closely with our leadership team to set and execute our recruiting strategy
- Crafting job descriptions and developing hiring profiles
- Building hiring pipeline by sourcing talent, both directly and by managing agency recruiters
- Tracking candidates and scheduling interviews
- Setting up and manage our Greenhouse instance
- Improving our talent acquisition processes and establishing the foundation for growing a recruiting team
We’re much more interested in someone who is hungry to learn and perform than someone whose resume checks all the boxes.
We’re looking for someone who
- Is excited to work hard at a fast-growing startup
- Has a track record of identifying and recruiting exceptional talent across business functions
- Rigorously interviews candidates to understand their goals and motivations
- Considers themself an expert at hiring software engineers and sourcing technical roles
- Helps teams establish a consistently high hiring bar and best practices
- Cares about understanding our business and customer needs
Growth and impact.
You’ll be learning and shipping constantly.
You’ll be significantly changing how the housing industry works today with the ultimate goal of creating more housing opportunities.
It’s not often that you can get in on the ground floor of a funded startup that’s scaling. Every single day you will be challenged to identify how we can scale and execute on it. You’ll learn what works when you succeed and what doesn’t when you fail. Either way, the rest of the team will be here to support you. Collectively, we’ll be figuring out the path to serving millions of apartments.
In addition to the growth and impact you’ll have at MeetElise, we also want to make sure that you’re set up for success and financially compensated for your contributions.
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k benefits
- Unlimited vacation
- Monthly fitness stipend